Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Viðar Örn Kjartansson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this our Marquee signing? If so I'm a little underwhelmed.

I'm guessing he's a tad old to be one for the development squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe.

Or maybe a replacement for Elvis.

Or maybe a replacement for Baldock.

Hard to know which, really.

Or just complete bollox like all the other striker rumours turn out to be ( GM apart)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

When was the last time we made a 'marquee' signing? Upson? I don't expect us to this summer either.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
His goal videos look much better than Hambo's and at a much higher level ???

Maybe but the defences and keepers do seem to be poor in comparison to what he'd have to play against in the Championship. And at 26 I'd have to believe him to be nearing his prime. Hambo has age on his side and the knowledge of 'our way of playing', surely if we're just going to keep buying in average players that get the nod above him, we should cut him lose or at least send him out for a bit of experience?
I'd be massively underwhelmed if we sign this guy, I can find better clips of COG! That said, if we do, as always he will have my full support and I hope he can prove me wrong.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Maybe but the defences and keepers do seem to be poor in comparison to what he'd have to play against in the Championship. And at 26 I'd have to believe him to be nearing his prime. Hambo has age on his side and the knowledge of 'our way of playing', surely if we're just going to keep buying in average players that get the nod above him, we should cut him lose or at least send him out for a bit of experience?
I'd be massively underwhelmed if we sign this guy, I can find better clips of COG! That said, if we do, as always he will have my full support and I hope he can prove me wrong.

He's got a great name too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I guess our scouts probably see hundreds of players a year with only a very few being reported on here.
And of those we sign a dozen or so u21s and full squad players every 12 months.
Probably 8 or 9 out of 10 players that are scouted we don't sign or try to sign.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

I'm not even whelmed at all. Looked lightweight to me, a bit like Wilson. There's some pretty rugged defenders in the Championship. At least Murray won't be bullied off the ball. What I'd love to see is a bustler similar to Charlie Austin or Leo.
I'm never impressed by a players cameo, that often show the only goals they've ever scored, and never when their shot on goals gone for a throw in!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If we were going to get a Icelandic striker in, was hoping it'll be Alfreð Finnbogason. Similar age and a lot more used to playing against higher quality opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here