Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Video] Tomasz Kuszczak's Brilliant Saves for BHA

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Good vid, great keeper, and that plays fine on my smartphone (tuff if iphones ain't smart).

It somehow begs the question; why is he working so hard, do we have a mid-table team if not for a mercurial keeper?

I don't think he is working too hard. You saw about 9 or 10 saves he made in 7 games. Probably three quarters of them would have been made by either Ankergren or Brezovan - but it's the 2 or 3 that wouldn't that makes the difference. Yesterday he saved us 2 points and probably another against Cardiff - so I'd say we're 3 points better off than we could have been. It's a bit unscientific but if you take that over a season it comes to about 20 points - the difference between automatic and the playoffs (ot the playoffs and also rans).

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I don't think he is working too hard. You saw about 9 or 10 saves he made in 7 games.

This might sound like nitpicking, but it was actually 16 saves. I agree with the rest
of your post - such keeper can make the difference between playoffs and automatic
promotion.

Last edited:

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Great Vid - thanks for putting it together!

Hope Gus is taking the defence through some of these to learn a few things… :)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
With all due respects to the other goalies we've had (first one I saw was Eric Gill) this TK is one of the best....I always feel safe with him as goal custodian....he will save us points.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
we had good keepers last season, now we have a great keeper .... at the start of the season I 'guesstimated' he might be worth half a dozen points over the course of the campaign compared to what we had ........... If he carries on the way he's been going I will be way short of the mark. Cracking quality keeper .... absolutely superb.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He's even better than I thought he would be. Absolute class.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I don't think he is working too hard. You saw about 9 or 10 saves he made in 7 games. Probably three quarters of them would have been made by either Ankergren or Brezovan - but it's the 2 or 3 that wouldn't that makes the difference. Yesterday he saved us 2 points and probably another against Cardiff - so I'd say we're 3 points better off than we could have been. It's a bit unscientific but if you take that over a season it comes to about 20 points - the difference between automatic and the playoffs (ot the playoffs and also rans).

Agree with the final analysis there, but I was looking at the manner of his saves (or need to make them) and seeing how and where opposing players are getting those shots off. For me, there needs to be more defender/s getting in the way of shots and preventing attackers from making them. Yes, there will have to be shots I know that, but Gus would only ask the same of his defenders I believe - not to let so many cracking shots get unloaded at our cracking-saving keeper!

We aspire to have an improved squad, there should be more than just our great new keeper staving us off from the "also rans" you mentioned.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Great Vid - thanks for putting it together!

Hope Gus is taking the defence through some of these to learn a few things… :)

This is my point, so I agree with your observation there too. We have yet to face the top teams in this division, and after last season we probably should temper our expectations until we have. Nice to look at the table at the moment though!

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I have just been reading sport news on a couple of Polish portals and it looks like Tomek is very close to playing against England on 16th October. Szczęsny and Fabianski are injured, Tyton is out of form and Boruc has only just found a club, so Kuszczak looks like the most sensible choice for our NT at the moment.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
this save at Millwall was one of his finest...!

(top bloke as well as being a brilliant keeper)

Attachments

• TPIG saves from Ted.jpg
    TPIG saves from Ted.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 24

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Interesting analysis. Agree very much that many "great saves" are actually closer to routine actions for a half-decent keeper.

Kuszczak is obviously far better than what we've had recently - over the season, however, he will also inevitably concede some goals that "Casper would have saved"... if he makes a nett 10 point difference on his own then that will be massive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He also made a great save at Watford to ensure the clean sheet so that's another 2 points. I feel very confident with him in goal.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I have just been reading sport news on a couple of Polish portals and it looks like Tomek is very close to playing against England on 16th October. Szczęsny and Fabianski are injured, Tyton is out of form and Boruc has only just found a club, so Kuszczak looks like the most sensible choice for our NT at the moment.

Awesome. I wonder if that will make him the first BHA player to play AGAINST England? I'm thinking there's possibly Gerry Armstrong? Anyone know?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Awesome. I wonder if that will make him the first BHA player to play AGAINST England? I'm thinking there's possibly Gerry Armstrong? Anyone know?

Rami Shaaban?

Gotsmanov?

One of the N.I. / Eire lot from the 80's? (Grealish, O'Regan, Penney, Nelson...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here