Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video highlights - The last ever match at the Goldstone 1997 - with commentary!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Tomorrow, it will be exactly 14 years since Brighton v Doncaster Rovers at the Goldstone Ground.

Thanks to the wanderbus for supplying the video. After much editing, I've synced it up with the Tony Millard's commentary from South Coast Radio.

Enjoy this über-emotional occasion:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/seagullstv/videos/28/

And check out the premature pitch invasion before the real thing!

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can you find the first game at the Goldstone and splice the commentary into that? That would be much more impressive.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Just watched the entire thing whilst ironing my shirts, have to say when it came to the goal and the final whistle there wasn't much water needed in the iron to provide the steam.

Still the only goal celebration to bring the hairs up on the back of my neck. The biggest roar I've ever heard at an Albion game.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Great job, GR - a very enjoyable watch.

It's amazing there isn't an official commemorative DVD of this game, but there is of the Saints game last season. Just shows how far things have come technology-wise and sort of shows the complete lack of interest that Archer/Bellotti had for the club they were attempting to destroy.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Superb,just saw myself on the pitch when the goal went in!.Jim Proudfoot gave that Everything from the commentary box.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I was on the East. What a day. As Fat Boy says - we've come a long long way together.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Looks like Viddler have deleted the account. Grrrr. I will re-upload shortly.....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The best thing that Ian 'Bonkers' Baird did in that match was get sent off with Moore, who went on to play in the Premiership, and was all over us that match.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
thank you great and at the same time sad memories, I think I can just pick myself out with my boy in the south stand

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great vid. I watched 20 mins of it last night and concluded that:

a) we really were f***ing SHITE back then, especially considering that match represented a massive improvement on the first half of the season.
b) Donny weren't really trying very hard. And yes, I know they were theoretically in danger of relegation themselves at the time.
c) I don't remember seeing the whole Goldstone as passionate as it was on that day.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks for that, I honestly didn't remember much about the game itself apart from the goal so you've filled in a lot of the blanks.

Any chance of a copy? Please!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here