Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Victory for the anti-fascists

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As a % of the population how many people do you think would call themselves fascist?

Then estimate what % would call themselves anti fascist.

1. what people call themselves often has very little to do with the views they hold
2. the epithet fascist is not something even fascists want to label themselves as (except in the right, highly restricted company, ie when they're with other fascists). There's a good reason for this, as most people are horrified by what happened fascism was last allowed to let grip. Clue: there was a World War and the Holocaust.
3. so even contemporary fascists devise other names for themselves, such as 'the New Right', 'identitarians', 'the alt-right', etc

As to your second point, and despite 2, there are far fewer that would want to 'call themselves' anti-fascist. If you don't believe me on this point, just reflect on all those that want to defend the right of fascists to 'free speech', or the right of the PotUS to offend just about every minority that exists in the US (and there are a lot of them there).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So that's £700k that can't be used for policing .... how nice. I'm really pleased £4.5k is going to individuals rather than protecting the public at large.

A very small price to pay to reinforce our human rights. I’m sure most will agree.
You benefit from this and if you find yourself caring about something enough to protest you may well be grateful for their efforts.

D

Deleted member 22389

A very small price to pay to reinforce our human rights. I’m sure most will agree.
You benefit from this and if you find yourself caring about something enough to protest you may well be grateful for their efforts.

Regardless of what side you are on, yes?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Yes it is a small price. There is still hope for this country of ours

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Regardless of what side you are on, yes?

Yes. If you’re a human, you have human rights. Why would it not be for “both sides” as you so curiously phrase it? What”other side” is there? You’re either human or you’re not.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes. If you’re a human, you have human rights. Why would it not be for “both sides” as you so curiously phrase it? What”other side” is there? You’re either human or you’re not.

Yet there's a bizarre group of people in western countries hate it when there are victories in favour of human rights. A dose of living in China would sort them out...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yet there's a bizarre group of people in western countries hate it when there are victories in favour of human rights. A dose of living in China would sort them out...

Well quite . They somehow think someone’s human rights being upheld diminishes their own human rights . Or something. Who knows what / if they’re thinking :)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
A fellow human with the capacity for empathy, sympathy and an interest in other people and their welfare. Jesus wept. Are we getting so PC now that calling a fascist a fascist is grounds for offence. Get a grip man.

Sometimes you are so pompous, you miss the point totally. Of course a fellow human being should show empathy etc, but the point is that the person whose views are "questionable" might not actually be a fascist, just someone whose views you don't like, and it is easy to stick the label - fascist. It has nothing to do with PC, and goodness only knows why you have thought of this, so perhaps you should get a grip.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sometimes you are so pompous, you miss the point totally. Of course a fellow human being should show empathy etc, but the point is that the person whose views are "questionable" might not actually be a fascist, just someone whose views you don't like, and it is easy to stick the label - fascist. It has nothing to do with PC, and goodness only knows why you have thought of this, so perhaps you should get a grip.

They were protesting EDL. EDL have a fascist element. I don’t know what you are finding so difficult. Where’s the problem?
Unless you mean it could happen that someone gets labelled a fascist, when they are not. That didn’t happen. EDL have very questionable opinions.

A solid victory for human rights. I guess some don’t like that.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
They were protesting EDL. EDL have a fascist element. I don’t know what you are finding so difficult. Where’s the problem?
Unless you mean it could happen that someone gets labelled a fascist, when they are not. That didn’t happen. EDL have very questionable opinions.

I have already said to you that in this instance it is quite clear that the EDL is as you say. There is no problem with this. But as we both know, it is all too easy to label others in general as fascists, when in reality they express views that lefties simply don't like. What is so difficult to understand about that?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have already said to you that in this instance it is quite clear that the EDL is as you say. There is no problem with this. But as we both know, it is all too easy to label others in general as fascists, when in reality they express views that lefties simply don't like. What is so difficult to understand about that?

Whose been labelled fascist that wasn’t? A genuine question.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Whose been labelled fascist that wasn’t? A genuine question.

Over the years, radical lefties have screamed the word fascist at conservative politicians, hence my general impression. Recently, it happened to Rees Mogg, And by the way, it is who has (or the abbreviation) not whose, since you called another poster numbnuts . .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Over the years, radical lefties have screamed the word fascist at conservative politicians, hence my general impression. Recently, it happened to Rees Mogg, And by the way, it is who has (or the abbreviation) not whose, since you called another poster numbnuts . .

I see.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here