Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gus mentioned this recently, tendonitus is aggravated by sitting on a coach for hours.

Simple answer let him fly up north on his own and then meet up with the coach. When Allan Simmonson played for Charlton he lived and trained in Denmark and flew in to meet the team at their hotel on Saturday morning or midweek afternoon,then flew back to Denmark straight after the game. He was back in Denmark before the team coach reached London coming home from northen fixtures.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
its probably all been said before, but what really was the point in signing Vicente for another season ? either a) hes genuinely sick and got constantly injury worries and takes ages to get match fit so is only good for 6 games a season, OR b) is a combination of a, plus the fact hes a expensive prima donna who doesnt like the colder british climate and thinks he has got a right to choose when plays. Personally i dont know how much he is on a week, 5k, 7k, 10k, who knows, but i think its time to rip up his contract and spend the wages elsewhere

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't know if you've been to Bilbao in the winter, but its actually bloody cold there too.

This cold thing is a red herring.

I guess he's just injured or his wife hates England or something.

Either way, I wish he'd just shit or get off the pot! I mean, he is actually occupying a position we need filling. We need a creative midfielder, just as we need a central defender who can turn defence into attack.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I don't know if you've been to Bilbao in the winter, but its actually bloody cold there too.

This cold thing is a red herring.

I guess he's just injured or his wife hates England or something.

Either way, I wish he'd just shit or get off the pot! I mean, he is actually occupying a position we need filling. We need a creative midfielder, just as we need a central defender who can turn defence into attack.

True, but for whatever he is being paid a week, i think any brighton fan has got a right to expect a bit more than 6 games a season

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah but that's when he was playing for a improved contract, towards end of the season. Closest he will get to Blackpool this year is watching the Darts from the Winter Gardens on Sky Anytime.

But he turned down an improved contract ?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Only when he found out he was wanted back home, that's when we enforced the clause in the contract!!!!!.....and people wonder what his problem is lol.

It took me to post #29 to find someone with half a clue! Strewth m'lordy!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Stupidest thing the club did was enforcing the contract

I agree and disagree. I see the dilemma, that we got him fit and playing again etc etc and for that he owes us, or at least the club that wanted him does...But then whats the point in making him stay, paying him a large chunk of money just for him to have his sulks and throw the toys out the pram...Cut our loses and f*** him off out of it in January. Makes you wonder what the rest of the squad thinks, after all Poyet's knicker wetting, hero worship of him.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I agree and disagree. I see the dilemma, that we got him fit and playing again etc etc and for that he owes us, or at least the club that wanted him does...But then whats the point in making him stay, paying him a large chunk of money just for him to have his sulks and throw the toys out the pram...Cut our loses and f*** him off out of it in January. Makes you wonder what the rest of the squad thinks, after all Poyet's knicker wetting, hero worship of him.

Especially as Mrs V doesn't want to be here so what is the point of keeping him ?

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Unsure what this means about Vicente but I know someone who's wife works at school his daughter is attending and apparently she has gone back to Spain for the two weeks prior to half term. Maybe Daddy has gone home as well is what I'm thinking.

Term time holidays...tut tut.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My nephew has a Spanish girl friend but it is off and on, just have to ask him the current situation so as to keep up, could send her round to Mrs V to keep her company.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unsure what this means about Vicente but I know someone who's wife works at school his daughter is attending and apparently she has gone back to Spain for the two weeks prior to half term. Maybe Daddy has gone home as well is what I'm thinking.

Term time holidays...tut tut.

Some children are on half term holidays this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here