Vicente

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Charlie Oatway said recently that he would be back playing in January, but nothing has been said since.

Missing out what January and playing for who?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would rather imagine that pressure is the last thing he needs, in spite of how many of us seem to judge him as a superstar and therefore must be able to take the strain of earning such monstrous wages just to play a game he and we love for a couple of hours a week. Maybe we thought the dialogue of building a team around him would heighten his confidence and have him feel a real necessary part of things, but it didn't quite work out, of course. I just hope he finds a tiny bit of contentment inside him and has another half-season of outofthisworldness with us.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I wouldn't want Vicente to push himself too much. We need to make sure that he's fully fit before he dons the blue and white stripes again. Hopefully his salary will compensate him in a small way for not being able to play for us, and help him feel a bit better about things.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Christ, people have got some short memories. This is Vicente we're talking about here., not some useless lump.

For one, if he's injured (which I think he is), that's not his fault. If he's depressed or mentally unstable, surely we should be supporting him rather than banging on about him being a 'sicknote'?

Until somebody finds out for sure that we're spunking a horrendous amount of money on his recovery, I can't understand why the hell people are turning on the greatest player I've ever seen play for the Albion.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
FWIW I think you have some serious anger management issues. Sounds like you are a useless nobody with no mates. I certainly don't need to make friends up, but I suspect you do.

This :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't want Vicente to push himself too much. We need to make sure that he's fully fit before he dons the blue and white stripes again. Hopefully his salary will compensate him in a small way for not being able to play for us, and help him feel a bit better about things.

It must be pretty shit being a country you do t really speak the language of, and not being able to do the thing you love.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You haven't got a clue what money he's on or even if he has a pay as you play contract. None of us have

Having read through this thread, the first part of your statement certainly seems true.

The first 5 words to be precise.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Christ, people have got some short memories. This is Vicente we're talking about here., not some useless lump.

For one, if he's injured (which I think he is), that's not his fault. If he's depressed or mentally unstable, surely we should be supporting him rather than banging on about him being a 'sicknote'?

Until somebody finds out for sure that we're spunking a horrendous amount of money on his recovery, I can't understand why the hell people are turning on the greatest player I've ever seen play for the Albion.

Wise words from one so young.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Spoke to a chap who lives in Uckfield on the train Saturday
On route to CAFC and his mate works in some sort
of managerial role at Albion and he said that Vicente will def
NOT play for Albion again !
Don't shoot the messenger just what I was told.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

so you were talking to a bloke who lives on a train in Uckfield on Saturdays, who was going to Crowborough Athletic...............................pull the other one !!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Let's hope this was from the same source who said that Wayne Bridge wouldn't play again for us 2 weeks ago.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
so you were talking to a bloke who lives on a train in Uckfield on Saturdays, who was going to Crowborough Athletic...............................pull the other one !!!!

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There's a difference though between passing on a message and repeating gossip.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
my opinion on this is that vicente is injured. My understanding is that his wife and kids are in the UK. I cannot imagine that you would move your family over here for a year and not actually want to play football if you could. I have no idea about his moral compass but whenever he has played he has always appeared to be totally committed to Albion and i dont imagine he is just taking the money and deliberately not playing. I hope he gets fit and he can play 10-15 games towards the end of this season for us. It is frustrating as he is such a great player. Whatever happens is has been fantastic to see him play for the Albion.

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
I was chatting to a guy at a bus stop who's best mate's friend knows a fat guy down the pub who's mum works for British Airways, apparently Vicente was on a plane bound for Manchester with a street map open on his lap with Old Trafford circled, read what you will into it, I'm only saying what I heard :lolol:

Batti

Jul 19, 2010

Started reading this as if it was going to be a poem - and then got very confused after the first few words...

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I bet there are loads of people on this forum who know what is going on but who are keeping quiet about it. I have heard a rumour that sounded incredibly far fetched, but after thinking about it a bit more, kind of made sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports