Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Boss Gus Poyet revealed to The Argus: “He was fit to play half-an-hour in both games (Bristol and Southampton) but because of the situation in both games I couldn’t play him, and then he had a different kind of problem in his legs, so I couldn’t really make him travel to Peterborough."

I couldn't help but laugh when I read that.

"A different kind of problem in his legs". Christ.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I don't necessarily think that he is nailed on 'unfit' for Saturday as I don't believe that is what the Arsegas says (however poor their reporting and print is)

Would love to see him start and perform heroics for the first half and then go for a nice hot bath having left the game with us two up. He has been on the bench recently but GP could not play him under the developing circumstances in those matches.

We did not pay a whopping transfer fee for him and nobody knows what deal he is on so perhaps people should remember that before posting yet more vitriolic abuse.

Sorry, but the way I read it , despite being named as a sub for 2 games and then not being picked in the squad for 2 he is now unfit......again; despite not having kicked a ball in anger since I don't know when. As far as I am concerned on the evidence to date he is either - at best - a crock or - at worst - a skiving git. Just because he is a former Spanish international who allegedly could charm the birds from the trees with his silky ball skills I don't see why his overall levels of fitness and general game - readiness should be any less a matter of concern to us than that of any other player at the club. I am sorry if you think that's vitriolic abuse; but I think he or the club owe us an explanation after all the hoo-hah about his signing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You must be livid about Will Hoskins then. He's only played 7 games and cost us a fair bit of money.

Not as much as Vicente I suspect... and Hoskins didn't come to us with a history of constant injuries...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Boss Gus Poyet revealed to The Argus: “He was fit to play half-an-hour in both games (Bristol and Southampton) but because of the situation in both games I couldn’t play him, and then he had a different kind of problem in his legs, so I couldn’t really make him travel to Peterborough."

I think I suffer with the "Vicente"..in the evenings.

It's my legs, I just cant be arsed to get out the armchair.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry posted this on another thread which mods may conceivably merge.

I don't necessarily think that he is nailed on 'unfit' for Saturday as I don't believe that is what the Arsegas says (however poor their reporting and print is)

Would love to see him start and perform heroics for the first half and then go for a nice hot bath having left the game with us two up. He has been on the bench recently but GP could not play him under the developing circumstances in those matches.

We did not pay a whopping transfer fee for him and nobody knows what deal he is on so perhaps people should remember that before posting yet more vitriolic abuse.

We are arguably talking about the most talented footballer ever to pull on the blue and white stripes and, on the basis of the above, FFS let's just be delighted that we have him in any shape or form and accept that he may well work wonders !

On what basis would you say he will make a big contribution? The ongoing evidence (he almost never plays / hasn't played for months / had similar problems at Valencia, etc.) suggests otherwise...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, but the way I read it , despite being named as a sub for 2 games and then not being picked in the squad for 2 he is now unfit......again; despite not having kicked a ball in anger since I don't know when. As far as I am concerned on the evidence to date he is either - at best - a crock or - at worst - a skiving git. Just because he is a former Spanish international who allegedly could charm the birds from the trees with his silky ball skills I don't see why his overall levels of fitness and general game - readiness should be any less a matter of concern to us than that of any other player at the club. I am sorry if you think that's vitriolic abuse; but I think he or the club owe us an explanation after all the hoo-hah about his signing.

Sense at last!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Beat me to it there, Easy. I've been chucklin' like a loon for the last 5 minutes. Marvelous. :clap:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not as much as Vicente I suspect... and Hoskins didn't come to us with a history of constant injuries...

We wouldn't have got near a player of Vicente's calibre if he didn't have a history of constant injuries!

A I said earlier, nobody with any sense can say whether this signing was a mistake or not until the end of the season. Unless of course you expected him to play 40 games, in which case you don't understand the situation and aren't worth arguing with anyway.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Anyone who has posted a massive ANTI Vicente post here should be embarrased.

We all knew it was a gamble when we signed him. Go back and check all 72 odd pages of the he's coming thread. He is injury prone. So far its a tad disappointing he hasnt played more. Who knows how many games he'll play again for the club but we were all aware of what we were getting and how many of those posters, posting such negative anti Vicente posts were probably the same ones who were creaming their pants when he arrived.

Great signing imho even if it doesnt work out.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

We all knew it was a gamble when we signed him. Go back and check all 72 odd pages of the he's coming thread. He is injury prone. So far its a tad disappointing he hasnt played more. Who knows how many games he'll play again for the club but we were all aware of what we were getting and how many of those posters, posting such negative anti Vicente posts were probably the same ones who were creaming their pants when he arrived.

Agree completely.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
On what basis would you say he will make a big contribution? The ongoing evidence (he almost never plays / hasn't played for months / had similar problems at Valencia, etc.) suggests otherwise...

Don't recall saying he will make a big contribution though perhaps said he may do so.

See also Lord Bamber's comments on this thread as I don't think it worth conversing with you on this as you seem to have a particularly closed viewpoint.

My views vis a vis my previous comments remain.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

How on Gods Green Earth is it " a great signing " if it doesn't work ouy ? Less than 3 hours football in 5 months on a decent wage of ? I have heard some strange things but to call this is " a great signing " is gobsmacking.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We wouldn't have got near a player of Vicente's calibre if he didn't have a history of constant injuries!

A I said earlier, nobody with any sense can say whether this signing was a mistake or not until the end of the season. Unless of course you expected him to play 40 games, in which case you don't understand the situation and aren't worth arguing with anyway.

Did I say that? No
Are you talking rubbish? Yes

The fact is that on the evidence of well over half a season the signing looks like a complete and utter fcuk-up... our beloved Chairman thinks so (according to my source, not him directly), and I think he might know a bit more about it than you...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here