Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest I don't really factor Vicente into our plans, anything we get out of him will be a bonus. If we can get 10 decent games out of him I'll be pleased but surprised. It was worth a punt getting a player of that quality in, shame it hasn't worked out.

Fortunately our midfield seems to be operating ok at the moment, a rejuvenated Buckley, Sparrow and JFC finally giving Bridcutt the support he needs. Also Kaz was finding his way back to form before his hamstring and not forgetting the irrepressible Noone, so Vicente is hardly the big miss at the moment.

If Vicente is remotely fit then saturday provides a good opportunity for him to get some game time, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nice to see some positivity. Are there any players in the team you feel are good enough to wear the stripes?

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

What a ridiculous response. I am talking about 1 player. I may be old fashioned but I want to see a player have a desire and fight to get in the team. I believe Vicente is a hypochondriac or not fit mentally to play anymore. His heart is not in it and he looks for any excuse not to play. I would rather have the Hart's Mayo's and Cullip's who would play on even if they were close to death as they had a pride playing for the club. Maybe you see things differently but if we had a squad of 20 Vicente's we would never be able to field a side.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I just don't think the bloke is up for it, even if he was fit. I can't imagine him relishing the cauldron next Tuesday and will invent another excuse as to why he can't play. Gary Hart would have played on with a broken leg for the club, Vicente just does not the same passion or desire anymore, certainly not to play for BHAFC. I think its best all round he retires.

This comes from a man you has a mental breakdown if anyone comments on his job or his desire to do well.....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I know, i know but this was only a week or so ago.

0,,10433~10395606,00.jpg

But you haven't got the picture taken two seconds later when he's down on the floor in agony.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
What a ridiculous response. I am talking about 1 player. I may be old fashioned but I want to see a player have a desire and fight to get in the team. I believe Vicente is a hypochondriac or not fit mentally to play anymore. His heart is not in it and he looks for any excuse not to play. I would rather have the Hart's Mayo's and Cullip's who would play on even if they were close to death as they had a pride playing for the club. Maybe you see things differently but if we had a squad of 20 Vicente's we would never be able to field a side.

Imagine not feeling well enough to do some running.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This comes from a man you has a mental breakdown if anyone comments on his job or his desire to do well.....

I still go into work everyday and do a great job for my clients. Also I am self employed and no one pays me. Apart from that, yeah , exactly the same.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still go into work everyday and do a great job for my clients. Also I am self employed and no one pays me. Apart from that, yeah , exactly the same.

With you suggesting he invents excuses not to play, or that he doesn't play because it's too cold all from the safety of behind a keyboard, wouldn't it be fair of him to provide you with his mobile phone number so you could say that to his face? Or should he rise above that sort of childishness?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest I don't really factor Vicente into our plans, anything we get out of him will be a bonus. If we can get 10 decent games out of him I'll be pleased but surprised. It was worth a punt getting a player of that quality in, shame it hasn't worked out.

Fortunately our midfield seems to be operating ok at the moment, a rejuvenated Buckley, Sparrow and JFC finally giving Bridcutt the support he needs. Also Kaz was finding his way back to form before his hamstring and not forgetting the irrepressible Noone, so Vicente is hardly the big miss at the moment.

If Vicente is remotely fit then saturday provides a good opportunity for him to get some game time, but I'll believe it when I see it.

This.

Vicente is quality of that there is no doubt and because of the fanfare surrounding him we were (rightly) expecting big things and not a few mins against Liv, Palace, Hull, Ipswich and err, umm, hang on have to remember back to SEPTEMBER.

If we had signed a crock then the club should have said we have this player but he wont be fit till Feb - that stops all he naysaying and will he wont he and rumours and hearsay etc. Like Tommy with his long term and El Abd.

We know his is injured, we know we have to wait till, say, Feb so lets move on. Thats what SHOULD have happened.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I just don't think the bloke is up for it, even if he was fit. I can't imagine him relishing the cauldron next Tuesday and will invent another excuse as to why he can't play. Gary Hart would have played on with a broken leg for the club, Vicente just does not the same passion or desire anymore, certainly not to play for BHAFC. I think its best all round he retires.

Every single bit of that post is complete guesswork, made up in your head.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Spot on. This is all that needs said.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I love all of the "I can't see him playing" or "I just think" comments. No one has got a f***ing clue what the situation is. I personally think that everyone's so frustrated about the situation that it's easier to be angry at the guy rather than positive. Everyone knew that he was injury prone its not lie its come as a surprise. We all went mental when he signed and nothing has changed for me.

It's no FARCE, there's no conspiracy. He's just injury prone.

The prospect of him playing just once more for the Albion excites me. Why the hell anyone would anyone want him to leave!?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This guy was player of the year in Spain just 8 years ago, and won the title there. Ultimately he is different gravy to any player we have probably ever seen at this club and despite playing only a handful of games this season, he has already scored our goal of the season.

If we get 10 games out of him, I reckon we'll stay play off contenders for the rest of the season. If we get to the play-offs and he stays fit, we'll have an unbelieveable chance.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Its highly unlikkely he will play in the next two games as we have a cold spell on the way. If he did step onto the pitch it was be almost on a par to the vision of Mary Magdelene.

If he started he would probably cry off within 10 minutes anyway.

Vicente USED TO BE GOOD. Its a shame but a disasterous signing.
We're all disappointed (although some of us somewhat obsessed, U.S) but were you at the games he played in? He didn't used to be good - however little he's played, when he plays, he's superb and the best in the squad :guitar: :albion2:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Word.

And he's absolute MUSTARD.

(I personally believe that we'll see him again, and he'll make an impact, but that is based on blind optimism - nothing more)

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I Hope he signs for us next season :moo:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I love all of the "I can't see him playing" or "I just think" comments. No one has got a f***ing clue what the situation is. I personally think that everyone's so frustrated about the situation that it's easier to be angry at the guy rather than positive. Everyone knew that he was injury prone its not lie its come as a surprise. We all went mental when he signed and nothing has changed for me.

It's no FARCE, there's no conspiracy. He's just injury prone.

The prospect of him playing just once more for the Albion excites me. Why the hell anyone would anyone want him to leave!?
This, this, this. It's just so much easier to sit in a comfortable chair, typing away, eating mars bars and be angry about something, than to understand that sometimes athletes just get injured and that to get back to the unimaginable level of fitness required to play football at a high level these days is hard and that fitness is fragile. Some player's bodies are different to others and coming back from the dozens of niggles that build up over a career is frustrating and far harder and more complex than knuckle headed comments like 'would've played with a broken leg' deserve - sometimes you just can't fuckin well play, however much you want to, because the injury will just get worse or your body will break down in other areas - I'm not guessing, like you are about Vicente. I played football at a reasonable level and experienced it myself and saw it in guys around me. Get over the anger, U.S. You're obviously a nice chap but you make yourself look silly sometimes if you don't reign it in. I don't think the issue is Vicente :kiss::albion2:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Every single bit of that post is complete guesswork, made up in your head.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
But you haven't got the picture taken two seconds later when he's down on the floor in agony.

exactly what I thought, who's that bellend there about to break his leg?

It's ridiculous on here how everyone has just assumed he doesn't want to play. It happens with players, its not their fault if they get injured, look at everyone moaning at buckley earlier in the season with his injuries. Assuming it was because he didn't want to play, now he's fit and everybodies hero. Vicente could be completely desperate to play but ruled out by the medical staff or Gus in case he makes the injury worse etc. Get off his back everyone and give the team a bit of support instead.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here