Vicente

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
It doesn't matter how much he wants to be on the pitch if he can't get on the pitch, and if he can't, he brings zero value to the team... he has played, what 4 times, and we are more than half way through the season!

You must be livid about Will Hoskins then. He's only played 7 games and cost us a fair bit of money.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No he wouldn't.
I distinctly remember him breaking his leg at Peterborough, and he INSISTED on being stretchered off immediately.

Unlike that Leicester player who broke his leg at Withdean and was told to run it off by the physio before going down again injured.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Its highly unlikkely he will play in the next two games as we have a cold spell on the way. If he did step onto the pitch it was be almost on a par to the vision of Mary Magdelene.

If he started he would probably cry off within 10 minutes anyway.

Vicente USED TO BE GOOD. Its a shame but a disasterous signing.

You really do come across as a bitter old man.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Not that a footballer (even an injury-prone one) shouldn't be able to take a few challenges in a game (assume this is the high-waterline for any player being considered at 'full fitness') but the Selhurst date is likely to get a bit more spicy than most on the pitch... Wonder if it would be a good idea to risk him (if indeed it's possible) at all in that particular match.

Then again, imagine if he starts and pulls their pants down from the word go. Perhaps we could take him off at half-time when 3-0 up. Maybe bring on Owen for his debut?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If he can prove his fitness, then I don't see why he can't be on the bench against Newcastle and on Tuesday night as well.

Fingers Crossed !

More chance Saturday as Gus can at least name seven subs in the cup.

If he is completely fit or near, I wish GP would start him (rather than bring him on later by which time we may be looking at a lost cause) as Vicente could create an interesting situation and could even turn the match before he runs out of steam.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So what do you suggest we do? What is your solution to this problem?

I've already said that I would try to minimise our losses by negotiating an amicable exit... he can then return to Spain (advantage to him, I presume), and we MIGHT be able to save some of the value of the remainder of his contract (advantage to us)...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've already said that I would try to minimise our losses by negotiating an amicable exit... he can then return to Spain (advantage to him, I presume), and we MIGHT be able to save some of the value of the remainder of his contract (advantage to us)...

Why in God's name would he agree to such an agreement?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry posted this on another thread which mods may conceivably merge.

I don't necessarily think that he is nailed on 'unfit' for Saturday as I don't believe that is what the Arsegas says (however poor their reporting and print is)

Would love to see him start and perform heroics for the first half and then go for a nice hot bath having left the game with us two up. He has been on the bench recently but GP could not play him under the developing circumstances in those matches.

We did not pay a whopping transfer fee for him and nobody knows what deal he is on so perhaps people should remember that before posting yet more vitriolic abuse.

We are arguably talking about the most talented footballer ever to pull on the blue and white stripes and, on the basis of the above, FFS let's just be delighted that we have him in any shape or form and accept that he may well work wonders !

Last edited:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Why in God's name would he agree to such an agreement?

Because it would be a decent gesture to a small club that has looked after him well and put a lot of personal effort into signing him and doesn't have the finances of Man City.

Unfortunately not many players have the same attitude as our assistant, Tanno.

Alan Pardew described Mauricio Tarrico's offer to terminate his contract following the injury sustained against Millwall as : "One of the most honest acts from a player that I have experienced in all my years in the game".

Pardew explained:

"When Tanno knew he was going to be out for so long, he felt very uncomfortable about the situation and came to me offering to terminate his contract. He didn’t have to make that decision which shows that his character and personality off the pitch is far removed from the image sometimes portrayed".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports