Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Yoda

English & European
I just don't think the bloke is up for it, even if he was fit. I can't imagine him relishing the cauldron next Tuesday and will invent another excuse as to why he can't play. Gary Hart would have played on with a broken leg for the club, Vicente just does not the same passion or desire anymore, certainly not to play for BHAFC. I think its best all round he retires.

Should I do the same for my athletics as I must not be up for it either?

Been in the same boat as Vicente with injuries (hamstring pull and now calf strain) since October myself.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Me too. Would be delighted if he signed an extension.

Exactly THIS. He has a one year contract with the second year just a signiture away. He also said he wants to play a part this season then hopefully push for the PL with THIS club. He knows he is injury prone and he realistially knows he won't play 46 games a season but I have no doubt he WANTS to play for the team (look at the reaction he gave the crowd when he warmed up against B-City) and is desperate to help this club go forward.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I love all of the "I can't see him playing" or "I just think" comments. No one has got a f***ing clue what the situation is. I personally think that everyone's so frustrated about the situation that it's easier to be angry at the guy rather than positive. Everyone knew that he was injury prone its not lie its come as a surprise. We all went mental when he signed and nothing has changed for me.

It's no FARCE, there's no conspiracy. He's just injury prone.

The prospect of him playing just once more for the Albion excites me. Why the hell anyone would anyone want him to leave!?

Maybe we can come to an arrangement with him / save some money / spend it on someone who will actually play!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This guy was player of the year in Spain just 8 years ago, and won the title there. Ultimately he is different gravy to any player we have probably ever seen at this club and despite playing only a handful of games this season, he has already scored our goal of the season.

If we get 10 games out of him, I reckon we'll stay play off contenders for the rest of the season. If we get to the play-offs and he stays fit, we'll have an unbelieveable chance.

I think you have just entered the world of dreams... please remove your rose-tinted specs... we fcuked-up with this signing, Bloom is not best pleased (from reliable source in club), and the number of games he has played is just too low to make his contribution value for money... he is obviously one of the best players to ever play for the Albion, but if he isn't playing he is worthless...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This, this, this. It's just so much easier to sit in a comfortable chair, typing away, eating mars bars and be angry about something, than to understand that sometimes athletes just get injured and that to get back to the unimaginable level of fitness required to play football at a high level these days is hard and that fitness is fragile. Some player's bodies are different to others and coming back from the dozens of niggles that build up over a career is frustrating and far harder and more complex than knuckle headed comments like 'would've played with a broken leg' deserve - sometimes you just can't fuckin well play, however much you want to, because the injury will just get worse or your body will break down in other areas - I'm not guessing, like you are about Vicente. I played football at a reasonable level and experienced it myself and saw it in guys around me. Get over the anger, U.S. You're obviously a nice chap but you make yourself look silly sometimes if you don't reign it in. I don't think the issue is Vicente :kiss::albion2:

But we knew he had a v poor track record of injuries before we signed him (he even blamed his previous club's medical team, which has proved to be totally out of order)...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Vicente Races To Be Fit For Saturday' has become as much a staple headline of The Argus as sightings of The Beast Of Bevendean. I don't think many people take either too seriously.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's all pretty simple really.

Vicente is a fantastic player, probably the best to ever play for the Albion.

If he doesn't play again the signing would have been a failure.
If he plays 10-15 games between now and the end of the season it would have been a success, and the chances are we will be in the play-offs.

So until the season is over, everyone might as well give the guy a break, shut the f*** up and talk about something else. Nobody knows yet whether the signing has been a success or not, and people saying things like 'he doesn't fancy it' or 'he doesn't want to play' are just plucking this out of their own heads.

We don't NEED Vicente. If he turns out to be a success then fantastic. If he doesn't, well it was worth a gamble. You live and learn.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly THIS. He has a one year contract with the second year just a signiture away. He also said he wants to play a part this season then hopefully push for the PL with THIS club. He knows he is injury prone and he realistially knows he won't play 46 games a season but I have no doubt he WANTS to play for the team (look at the reaction he gave the crowd when he warmed up against B-City) and is desperate to help this club go forward.

It doesn't matter how much he wants to be on the pitch if he can't get on the pitch, and if he can't, he brings zero value to the team... he has played, what 4 times, and we are more than half way through the season!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If he comes on against Palace and gets a goal like the one at Ipswich where he did the Cruyff turn then 50 yard run drifting past 3 defenders and effortlessly curled the ball into the top corner from 25 yards and using his weaker foot then Vicente will go down in Albion folklore. Would love to see that.

On the other hand I probably have more chance of seeing him set up Michael Owen for an Albion hat trick in the Holmesdale End.

Then I woke up.............

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
What injury has he got now? He isn't doing anything to get injured is he?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It doesn't matter how much he wants to be on the pitch if he can't get on the pitch, and if he can't, he brings zero value to the team... he has played, what 4 times, and we are more than half way through the season!

So what do you suggest we do? What is your solution to this problem?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It's all pretty simple really.

Vicente is a fantastic player, probably the best to ever play for the Albion.

If he doesn't play again the signing would have been a failure.
If he plays 10-15 games between now and the end of the season it would have been a success, and the chances are we will be in the play-offs.

So until the season is over, everyone might as well give the guy a break, shut the f*** up and talk about something else. Nobody knows yet whether the signing has been a success or not, and people saying things like 'he doesn't fancy it' or 'he doesn't want to play' are just plucking this out of their own heads.

We don't NEED Vicente. If he turns out to be a success then fantastic. If he doesn't, well it was worth a gamble. You live and learn.

Im very happy with your post.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Come on, give the guy a break. It was and still is a massive gamble - but that goes for Vicente himself. If he cant play many games between now and the end of the season, then he will have no career left in the game.

Do people really think he wants that? He is a rich man, he doesn't need the cash from Brighton. This was all about playing in England, resurrecting his career and maybe experiencing Prem league football with perhaps the Albion.

People go about his wages, but nobody knows what he is on - but certainly within wage structure and we didn't pay a fee. Yes, we could have brought in somebody else using his wage, but that player could have broken his leg or something in the first game.

I firmly believe that he will play games between now and may.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I just don't think the bloke is up for it, even if he was fit. I can't imagine him relishing the cauldron next Tuesday and will invent another excuse as to why he can't play. Gary Hart would have played on with a broken leg for the club, Vicente just does not the same passion or desire anymore, certainly not to play for BHAFC. I think its best all round he retires.

Can't see Vicente being phased by our little 'derby' match, after all he probably relished playing in some huge games in La Liga. If anything I would hope he is keen to make an impression, starting at Selhurst. If he saw anything of last nights match then he should fancy taking on the Palace defence. Would be great to see him silence the home fans.

After all he is still a 'professional' footballer and only 30 so given some fitness he could have a few years in him. He may not have the pace or the ability to play 40 odd games a season but he still has the skill and vision from the highest level, and certainly better than anything else in the Championship. His cameo against Liverpool showed how comfortable he is on the ball. I will be happy if we get to see him pulling the strings for us in a few more games this season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

No he wouldn't.
I distinctly remember him breaking his leg at Peterborough, and he INSISTED on being stretchered off immediately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here