Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente.....wow

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
All of this love for THAT Derby match (not to be confused with any other match v Derby), has got me confused.

I've now convinced myself it was also that game the Albion set up the biggest ever offside trap.

Say it isn't so.
Shirley you can't distil the whole stadium experience into Buckley, 9 men, v Derby and St Paddy's day.

No, but they some of the highlights, and I have no idea what our possession percentage was, how many passes we completed, who committed most fouls or any other dry statistics in those games.

I worry for the souls of people who did not enjoy having Vicente as our player, I can only assume they listened on the radio more than they attended. He was a joy to behold, he made passes that I could not see were even on from the West Upper, he ran down what looked like dead ends and came through with a trail of sprawling defenders behind him, and he made your heart beat faster.
I go to football to be thrilled once in a while, statistically, for the games he played, Vicente got me out of my seat and thrilled to be there, more than any other player before or since.

Feb 14, 2010
Poyet, Vicente, Buckley, Bridcutt and that crop all failed to win automatic promotion and then failed in the play offs. They are just another failed Brighton squad and manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poyet, Vicente, Buckley, Bridcutt and that crop all failed to win automatic promotion and then failed in the play offs. They are just another failed Brighton squad and manager.

There is no hope for you, I would hate to feel SO negative about what was our best spell of football in 30 years. Maybe you are supporting the wrong team, try one at the top of the Premier League, you know it makes sense. Change it as as when the current team fall away, repeat until you die :smile: Only follow winners.

Feb 14, 2010
There is no hope for you, I would hate to feel SO negative about what was our best spell of football in 30 years. Maybe you are supporting the wrong team, try one at the top of the Premier League, you know it makes sense. Change it as as when the current team fall away, repeat until you die :smile: Only follow winners.

Our best spell in 30 years ? You are joking right if you think that is something to be proud of. You have heard of the decline after the top flight then a certain Bill Archer ? The Albion are the best supported team with a serial shite side. You dont support the Albion for the team, you support them despite the clowns on the pitch. The players let us down season after season, decade after decade whilst clubs with smaller clubs like Wigan and Palace spend time in the top flight and win the FA Cup. Our most successful team since Charlie Webbs heroes a 100 years ago is the lot who spent a few seasons scrapping relegation in the top flight and who lost the cup final. The Albion dont deserve the support they get.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our best spell in 30 years ? You are joking right if you think that is something to be proud of. You have heard of the decline after the top flight then a certain Bill Archer ? The Albion are the best supported team with a serial shite side. You dont support the Albion for the team, you support them despite the clowns on the pitch. The players let us down season after season, decade after decade whilst clubs with smaller clubs like Wigan and Palace spend time in the top flight and win the FA Cup. Our most successful team since Charlie Webbs heroes a 100 years ago is the lot who spent a few seasons scrapping relegation in the top flight and who lost the cup final. The Albion dont deserve the support they get.

Nothing to be proud of, just a fact. We are now a second rate club with world class facilities. We got so near and then decided to give up. Hey ho, that's the Albion for you. There really is no mileage in getting mad about it.

Feb 14, 2010
Nothing to be proud of, just a fact. We are now a second rate club with world class facilities. We got so near and then decided to give up. Hey ho, that's the Albion for you. There really is no mileage in getting mad about it.

Its a pointless fact. Its like two bald men fighting over a comb. There is every reason to get annoyed. This club deserves far better than the shit we have been served up for decade after decade.

Yoda

English & European
I'm with Seagulls4ever on this one. The team were generally shit when he played, bar a handful of occasions. Beyond the goal at Ipswich and the performances vs Derby and Pompey I doubt anyone can remember any stand out moments.

We battered Reading at home and unfortunately lost 1-0 to a deflected Ian Harte free-kick. We had a penalty save and the great man hit the bar.

Yoda

English & European
Think he was unused at Palace and not even on the bench for Amex game.

Correct. If I remember, he was injured for the 2nd leg but feel the rift between him and Poyet was so big by then that he wouldn't have been used anyway and made to sit on the bench for that game as well if fit.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'm with Seagulls4ever on this one. The team were generally shit when he played, bar a handful of occasions. Beyond the goal at Ipswich and the performances vs Derby and Pompey I doubt anyone can remember any stand out moments.

Blackburn Rovers midweek home game he was outstanding. Absolutely ran the show, but nothing has changed and we still couldn't stick the ball away from chances he created.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here