Vicente has [not] signed [yet]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I actually don't have a problem with people like Sitch coming on here with updates - I find them interesting and, as with all news outlets, I can make a choice whether I believe the source or whether I discard the info.

Agreed. I feel like I come across as if I'm constantly attacking Sitch for what he posts, but I don't mean to. I simply mean to highlight the truth about his accuracy so people can make an informed choice of whether to believe him or not.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Huh? Sitch said he had signed. Last night's news shows he didn't. Mellotron praised sitch saying his reputation is growing. Peteward couldn't understand why mellotron would say that. I was suggesting perhaps mellotron was being sarcastic.

Understood ... tbf by the time Sitch posted it was pretty well accepted by most if not all that Vicente had "signed" (well, agreed to show up) so not sure I gave him any credit for a scoop. As it happens there's been a twist in the tale. Sitch got it wrong but I think maybe Gus got it wrong too and the statement last night is the reaction.

Dunno ... the speculation will no doubt contine for the next few days, but at least we are in driving seat

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My comment was actually regarding - and I thought I made it fairly clear - that Sitch was the one to break the fact the Albion were making daily announcements, every evening. Since he made that statement, they have done so, both yesterday and the day before.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As Bruno has signed it must mean Vicente and his mrs are happy here, else I'm sure she'd have been open with her friends about her feelings for the place. So most likely the agent is negotiating hard. If another club were prepared to offer a large signing on fee, they will now have to offer an additional fee to us, so may not now be so keen on the total package.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My comment was actually regarding - and I thought I made it fairly clear - that Sitch was the one to break the fact the Albion were making daily announcements, every evening. Since he made that statement, they have done so, both yesterday and the day before.

Reading your post back, I can see what you mean, but "the evening announcements" apparently can be (easily mis-)read as 'the(this) evening's announcement'.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Poyet: “It would have been amazing to say ‘Vicente is staying and he has signed a new contract’.

“Instead it didn’t happen"

Brian Owen Argus (twitter): ‏[MENTION=13191]Brian[/MENTION]__Owen

"So to sum up a busy evening, ‪#bhafc‬ have extended the Vicente deal, Vicente has not re-signed. BHAFC have basically protected their positon".

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Sitch got it wrong but I think maybe Gus got it wrong too and the statement last night is the reaction.

Gus has only ever said it was 90%-95% done - Sitch claimed it was 100% done and just not being announced - i.e. a lie

Gus has only ever said it was 90%-95% done - Sitch claimed it was 100% done and just not being announced - i.e. a lie

I think everyone who works within the club had been told\heard last week that Vicente was definitely staying. I was told this by someone who works there and mistook it,as most did, that he had signed or was signing.I don`t think anyone lied.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think everyone who works within the club had been told\heard last week that Vicente was definitely staying. I was told this by someone who works there and mistook it,as most did, that he had signed or was signing.I don`t think anyone lied.

This was BEFORE this thread was started that most people were 'aware' he was likely to be staying. This thread was made 24 / 48 hrs after most assumed he was staying and Gus said it was 90% done. It was a bit of guess work by the OP making something up to try and get some sort of rep on here. It failed miserably.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This was BEFORE this thread was started that most people were 'aware' he was likely to be staying. This thread was made 24 / 48 hrs after most assumed he was staying and Gus said it was 90% done. It was a bit of guess work by the OP making something up to try and get some sort of rep on here. It failed miserably.

that would be my guess, but a guess none the less. It may well have been the OP getting completely duff info from someone who is clueless, either way since CMS every tip has been wrong

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Was there one last night?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

The one year option has - it would appear - been taken up, 100%.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham

I don't think he intentionally lied.

But I do think he was making a calculated guess.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The one year option has - it would appear - been taken up, 100%.

That option has yes. But Sitch said "Vicente has signed", i.e. he'd signed the new deal the club were offering - which he hasn't (yet). Which is completely different to the club extending the contract regardless of whether Vicente may or may not have wanted it

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sitch has done nothing more than telling us to bet on a racehorse that has odds of 1/7 , unfortunately for his credibility the horse unseated its rider

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
that would be my guess, but a guess none the less. It may well have been the OP getting completely duff info from someone who is clueless, either way since CMS every tip has been wrong

Im not convinced about the CMS thing now and wasn't at the time. He never mentioned CMS by name - why not if he does Trotter etc?! I think he got lucky there - I gave him the benifit at the time but seeing the wrong guesses since then i'm not convinced. Either way it's my decision to ignore such info in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports