Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente has [not] signed [yet]

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Already been done and waiting to be announced, the club are going to do 5pm news announcements from now until the start of the season so they have to stretch them out a bit.

5pm?
which day of the week?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I cannot believe the amount of bitching on here. Like Sitch, I would post something on here if I was sure of my source. He is trying to let us know. He doesn't come across as attention seeking to me.

Anyway back on topic, I can't wait to see the midfield wizard gracing the Amex turf for another campaign. So I just hope it is a done deal.

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
I cannot believe the amount of bitching on here. Like Sitch, I would post something on here if I was sure of my source. He is trying to let us know. He doesn't come across as attention seeking to me.

Anyway back on topic, I can't wait to see the midfield wizard gracing the Amex turf for another campaign. So I just hope it is a done deal.

Agree

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The evening announcements is another thing Sitch has called right - his rep is growing.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The evening announcements is another thing Sitch has called right - his rep is growing.

how do you come to that conclusion Mellotron, he hasn't signed...... far from it, it seems the deal was going south and thus the club invoked the extension. "Vicente has signed" was factually incorrect. i am not doubting sitch's intentions but he has been wrong a lot more than right.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
how do you come to that conclusion Mellotron, he hasn't signed...... far from it, it seems the deal was going south and thus the club invoked the extension. "Vicente has signed" was factually incorrect. i am not doubting sitch's intentions but he has been wrong a lot more than right.

Sarcasm, perhaps?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sarcasm, perhaps?

Why? As I understand it he hasn't signed. Indeed there isn't (or doesn't need to be anyway) anything to sign, he's just been told to report back for pre season as we've changed our mind (for whatever reason) about letting him go if that's what he wanted.

Detective in me thinks Vicente may have been stringing us along (hence Gus's 95% comment) but at 11th hour we learn he's about to sign elsewhere (for a Wigan or such like) and Gus/Barber/Bloom get royally pissed and tell him he isn't. If accurate this will unravel fast I reckon.

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
I actually have a friend who scouts for Croatian league 1 team in Soain, and he knows Heredia Triguero, Vicentes agent.

Friend asked him if he can explain all the fuss surrounding Vicente, here is what friend told me:

Vicente is considering his options, but will happily finish the season in Brighton and Hove. There were lack of negotiations due to family events Vicente had last days. Vicente could not fly back to England before 5th of next month , so the only option left for the club was to utilize a contract clause if they want to keep the man. As I said, he is happy to finish the season in Brighton and Hove Albion.

Celebrate now lads!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I actually don't have a problem with people like Sitch coming on here with updates - I find them interesting and, as with all news outlets, I can make a choice whether I believe the source or whether I discard the info.

Certain people seem genuine on this site and I wouldn't want them to stop contributing their insights simply because some people prefer posturing about how much more in the know they are (etc) or simply disbelieve anything until an official announcement is made (which beggars the question, why you'd be interested in an unofficial forum!)

However, if there's one thing that we can be sure of in this era, a 99% completed transfer is sometimes no more final than a 10% transfer deal, especially when agents are sniffing around for that extra £££.

We live in hope for Vicente though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely it's just the agent trying to push up the wages/fees etc?

Otherwise, regardless of what Bruno said, it's a really shitty move from Vicente, and one that would certainly piss his wife off big time, and I think Bruno and his family to some extent. I don't see Vicente being that much of a dick.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why? As I understand it he hasn't signed. Indeed there isn't (or doesn't need to be anyway) anything to sign, he's just been told to report back for pre season as we've changed our mind (for whatever reason) about letting him go if that's what he wanted.

Detective in me thinks Vicente may have been stringing us along (hence Gus's 95% comment) but at 11th hour we learn he's about to sign elsewhere (for a Wigan or such like) and Gus/Barber/Bloom get royally pissed and tell him he isn't. If accurate this will unravel fast I reckon.

Huh? Sitch said he had signed. Last night's news shows he didn't. Mellotron praised sitch saying his reputation is growing. Peteward couldn't understand why mellotron would say that. I was suggesting perhaps mellotron was being sarcastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here