Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente - classiest Albion player since....or ever?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Just got home and I am still drooling over OUR Vicente. Without doubt the most talented player I have ever seen wearing the famous stripes in 30 odd years of watching the Albion. I usually sit in the North but had an an invite to the 1901 today, you do see a different game imo. I could not stop watching him, his movement, first touch, lay offs, the bloke just oozes supreme quality. Let's hope he stays fit for the run in, the downside being many a Premiership/La Liga/Seria A clubs will be watching! I for one would wet my pants seeing Vicente wearing the famous stripes in the Premiership.

GET RID WASTE OF SPACE! HE MADE AT LEAST ONE BAD PASS!!!!:rant:

Seriously he is the greatest player I've ever seen for Brighton!
Still can't get over some of the stuff he was doing. The guy next to me (as a joke) said to "calm down" when I got rather excited while seeing that he was coming on! Little did I know he would do what he did.:bowdown:

He's been my avatar for several months, and will remain for a few years to come I'm sure (If he stays, or not).

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
In over 50 years of support, Vicente is the classiest player I have ever seen playing for us

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What is it about Vicente? I have never felt the same anticipation about the prospect of watching any other Albion player - and I go back to Kit Napier, Willie Irvine, Peter Ward, Jimmy Case, etc, etc. And the moment he came on today he changed the game. His vision is unbelievable, but most of the time he just plays a simple ball, but it's amazingly effective. Plus he works fantastically with Reyes and Buckley. Great to see his celebration after the first goal....I think he loves us back!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I ever see him in the street he's getting both barrels, hopefully he has his whole family with him.
Exactly. I've taught my ten year old son how to say "f*** OFF BACK TO SPAIN VICUNTE YOU WASTE OF SKIN" in Valencian just in case this eventuality arises.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Plus he works fantastically with Reyes and Buckley.
Bang on - I noted the same. The pass and move between those three down that right hand side was a sight to behold.

I'm entering completely uncharted territory as an Albion fan - being able to witness a player of Vicente's quality in the stripes epitomises that.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
Hopefully today will proove, most importantly, to Vicente that he is fit.....match fit and that he is a class above in this league. Untouchable. And as already mentioned, it's the simple passes that he executes that makes so much of a difference....

Could be the difference between a great season and a ridiculous season!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We all agree ....

Classy yes. Magic not yet.

Dizzy

Feb 4, 2012
I'm really, really happy to see that you guys appreciate Vicente so much, he deserves it. I still tear up sometimes when I watch old footage of him, his goal against Real Madrid for that 3-2 especially. If it was up to me, I'd still have him at Valencia, injured or not.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Classy yes. Magic not yet.
No we don't ALL agree. He's classy and magic and if he played 20 minutes every five games, I'd just love it next season. He's the most gifted and world classest player I think I have ever seen play live in nearly 50 years watching the Albion. I don't care what we pay him, he oozes talent and makes my match every time he plays. Today he was Champions League class with the way he played and stroked the ball in to the net.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I think in all honesty if he could play 90 mins week in week out we would not be lucky enough to have him here , he would be playing top flight football somewhere in the world , i am happy to have witnessed such a fine player in the Blue n White stripes for however long he is able to play .

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Never thought we would ever have a player as good as Gotsmanov again, but Vicente is that man. Class, class utter class - we'll be lucky to see his like again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here