[Misc] veterans / football lads to march on sunday 12 nov

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
True and Armistice Day hasn't been a thing since 1939. It used to have a two minute silence but no marches.
I could be wrong here, but I think it was only in recent times that the two minute silence was even observed on November 11th. It used to be the nearest Sunday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its a rabble raised by Tommy Robinson's demand that people 'ProTeCt ThE CenOtApH!'

They are going to be very disappointed when they march about and don't encounter any Muslim types at all - the Pro-Palestine march being as it is on the Saturday (and not on Remembrance Day, as the right wing papers are nefariously implying).
If they try on Sunday, they'll find all the roads closed, and police everywhere. I had to carry my RBL invitation, photographic ID, and another form of ID just to get onto Horseguards to join in the march past, in 2016.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I could be wrong here, but I think it was only in recent times that the two minute silence was even observed on November 11th. It used to be the nearest Sunday.
Yes, you are wrong, sorry. The two minute silence on November 11th was started in 1919.

The change to Remembrance Sunday was in 1946. This was to enable people to take part who would be working on Armistice Day.

Nicks

I'm going up Saturday to pay my respects at The Cenotaph and meeting a few other Forces Veterans as well.
Looks like we are all far right wing football hooligans if you believe the media.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm going up Saturday to pay my respects at The Cenotaph and meeting a few other Forces Veterans as well.
Looks like we are all far right wing football hooligans if you believe the media.
That's a silly comment and you know it. No-one is having a go at folks who go up and pay their respects. If I were a forces veteran, I'd be one of the most vocal against 'Football Lads'. They are an insult to service folk.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That's a bit like saying 'all' of the people attending the march on Saturday is pro-Hamas...

Certain media like to start a shitstorm, others, not so much.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From their (Democratic Football Lads Alliance) facebook page……

IMG_6426.png

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought the problem was on 11th November ?
'They don't know what they're doing' is the phrase that springs to mind.

Incidentally, the veterans don't want their support. They go with their oppos to march, pay respect, and then have a good drink afterwards in various pubs around the area,

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports