Apr 5, 2014
What's the march in aid of ?

And who are these 'Football Lads' ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is this because they were always going to or because the press has whipped everyone into a frenzy?
Its a rabble raised by Tommy Robinson's demand that people 'ProTeCt ThE CenOtApH!'

They are going to be very disappointed when they march about and don't encounter any Muslim types at all - the Pro-Palestine march being as it is on the Saturday (and not on Remembrance Day, as the right wing papers are nefariously implying).

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The veterans always march on Remembrance Sunday.

I would imagine that the veterans would rather these Football 'Lads' just disappeared. Most of the service people I know are the most level-headed people. They'll look at these groups with despair. I imagine that if you've ever been under fire then the last thing you want is some football belly trying to stir up the very thing your job is designed to stop. As a mate of mine in the navy said, "too often politicians want us to start wars with no idea how they are going to stop them. We always ask them what their plan for peace is and they never have one."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is this because they were always going to or because the press has whipped everyone into a frenzy?
The DM even has the silly tart Sarah Vine referring to it as Poppy Day!

The peace march, on Saturday, is going from Hyde Park to Battersea, nowhere near the Cenotaph, and the City of London will be full of people enjoying the Lord Mayor's show.
Yaxley-Lennon is a fantasist who wouldn't last 10 minutes in the forces.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Its a rabble raised by Tommy Robinson's demand that people 'ProTeCt ThE CenOtApH!'

They are going to be very disappointed when they march about and don't encounter any Muslim types at all - the Pro-Palestine march being as it is on the Saturday (and not on Remembrance Day, as the right wing papers are nefariously implying).
Last time saw Robinson in the news, I regarded him still as a ****

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Is Braverman going along, Life of Brian style, as one of the football lads?

1699444955406.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The veterans always march on Remembrance Sunday.

I would imagine that the veterans would rather these Football 'Lads' just disappeared. Most of the service people I know are the most level-headed people. They'll look at these groups with despair. I imagine that if you've ever been under fire then the last thing you want is some football belly trying to stir up the very thing your job is designed to stop. As a mate of mine in the navy said, "too often politicians want us to start wars with no idea how they are going to stop them. We always ask them what their plan for peace is and they never have one."
Indeed 'Football Lads' who have never seen a gun or held a dying colleague. They are an insult to the armed forces. The closest they have got to war is singing songs about German bombers and luzzing a few plastic chairs in a Mediterranean outpost when the police are at far enough distance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sky ramping up the rhetoric by using a picture of the Cenotaph with threats from Sunak.
The march is from Hyde Park to Battersea, and nowhere near Whitehall. It's almost as though the Tories want trouble so they can declare a state of emergency. :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Actually the march you are on about in the title thread is on Armistice Day ( Saturday) not Sunday ( Remembrance Day)
True and Armistice Day hasn't been a thing since 1939. It used to have a two minute silence but no marches.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

It's the innocent foreigners they encounter on their way who I feel sorry for TBH, I doubt they're the sort who would see such difference between a pro-Hamas extremist and anyone who isn't white.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports