Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Very early transfer window considerations

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
It’s probably a little too early to speculate on forced departures this summer; players that will cost rivals a lot of money but where we’ll believe it’s best for the club to sell.

However there are some gaps in the squad that will need filling. Whilst RDZ will have a good look at players like Alzate (who I think is nailed on for next year’s squad), Moder and Kozlowski, I think the following areas really need addressing:

Estupinian back up:
He is so good, we have no player putting pressure on him for his position and if injured/suspended, there is no player to do his role in a similar way.

LCB:
It’s going to be tough to keep Colwill. But Chelsea literally don’t need him. However, they’ll want a buy-back to sell and we won’t agree to that. We need a left footed ball playing centre back as a priority.

Caicedo back up:
Yes, we have Ayari and Gilmour but I think we need a stronger, faster more dynamic player to break up play in midfield if Caicedo leaves or is injured/suspended. I really like Onanna at Everton but he is probably well out of range, even if they go down. I suspect the club have some realistic targets though.

Mitoma back up:
Done. We’ll surely bring in Simon Adingra.

March back up:
Buonanotte, Sarmiento and Enciso can all do a job on the right but perhaps we might sign another boy wonder to help back up that position. One of these two who are linked regularly with us for me:

Roony Bardghji is a top performer in my Football Manager 2026 team.

On that basis, we might also want to look at 6'6 Trubin in goal. RDZ must know him from Shakhtar Donetsk.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Based on no european football:

Goalie - first team ready back up to Steele. Assuming Sanchez will request to leave.

RB - Veltman is a god, Lamptey as a pure defender is levels below imho.

LB - would hate to Estupinan to be out..

CB - Colwill or another.

Pretty content elsewhere, we have goals from midfield, plus Moder will return.

With european football and/or losing players:

A winger - cover for March and Mitoma.

CM - powerhouse/holding it all together replacement for Caicedo or Mac A.

Goal scorer - that old chestnut.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Roony B is the best player in my FM23 in 5 years time
Neto looked good when we played B’muff at home
id still like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin to become reality - I know that winds up people here but I reckon given a good run of games he’d be an excellent no.8

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ward-Prowse if Stains go down. ???

View attachment 159409
Can't see him fitting into our system in the slightest. His principle assets are being a demon set piece merchant and having the ability to annoy Tiny Tears to distraction whenever they play Palace. I'm not convinced he's good enough on a technical or creative level to work in our team.

Bet Eddie Howe would love him for Newcastle though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't see him fitting into our system in the slightest. His principle assets are being a demon set piece merchant and having the ability to annoy Tiny Tears to distraction whenever they play Palace. I'm not convinced he's good enough on a technical or creative level to work in our team.

Bet Eddie Howe would love him for Newcastle though.
It could be said one of those assets won’t be any good if Tiny Tears pops over to divers paradise (Saudi Arabia)

Last edited:

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
With european football and/or losing players:

A winger - cover for March and Mitoma.

CM - powerhouse/holding it all together replacement for Caicedo or Mac A.

Goal scorer - that old chestnut.

I agree. I think Brighton need 3 good players.

A winger who can play March's and Mitoma's role in that both Mitoma and March play for 90mins in almost all recent games.

CM : I want both Caicedo and Mac A to stay but I feel one of them is leaving this summer, so Brighton need to get a good CM.

Goal scorer: Brighton's top goal scorer without pens is Mitoma (7 goals). Ferguson looks very promising, but we might need another good goal scorer (center forward).

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I get disappointed if we are linked with someone l've actually heard of! The recruitment team have done a fabulous job unearthing youngsters and virtually unknowns for next to nothing and the first team coaches have then developed them into players who are the envy of all premiership clubs. Mitoma, Caicedo Mac Allister, Ferguson March Lamptey Dunk Sanchez all collectively cost less than 15 mill. It's mind boggling to think what they are worth now! The next crop of 'toddlers', Sarimento, Enciso, Buonanotte, Moran, Adringra McGill Ayari Gilmour are being developed into their replacements. Trossard was replaced by Mitoma, Bissouma replaced by Caicedo, Maupay replaced by Ferguson, Cucurella replaced by Esputinan, Proper replaced by MacAllister White replaced by Veltman/Lamptey etc . All (except possibly Esputinan) were under contract with Brighton when the player left. We have a great succession model and every time someone leaves we seemingly have their replacement already.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I agree. I think Brighton need 3 good players.

A winger who can play March's and Mitoma's role in that both Mitoma and March play for 90mins in almost all recent games.

CM : I want both Caicedo and Mac A to stay but I feel one of them is leaving this summer, so Brighton need to get a good CM.

Goal scorer: Brighton's top goal scorer without pens is Mitoma (7 goals). Ferguson looks very promising, but we might need another good goal scorer (center forward).
I just love it when someone from the other side of the world is writing intelligently about the Albion using the word “we”. Keep it up!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Collwill signing permanently, plus LB cover would be a solid A. Throw in another CF and A*
You should have stopped after you first full stop. I agree re Colwill and left back cover. With both Ferguson and Welbeck in the squad we defo won't be singing another centre forward though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here