Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Veltman v Lamptey

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I was a really big fan of Lamptey and I still like the little fella and hope we stick with him and give him every chance to get back to his best level - but I don't see it now. I think he's going to have to re-define his game now he's no longer got the explosive pace to get away from players. I think a loan move away for next season will be on the cards, probably with a new contract to protect our investment, but I suspect a new RB will be high on our shopping list for the summer.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Simple really. Totally depends on the oppo/game situation- it’s not a question of one better than the other, both are good.

I do love Joel though :love:
that's the best answer (it was the one I was going to write). We were desperately trying to get at them first 15 mins and Lamps will do that Joel won't, it didn't come off for Lamps but others had same issues in that period. If we need to attack then Lamps , if we need to defend its Joel. In between them we have a number of options e.g. Gross and bring on one of the south american contingent....

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don't think it would be that surprising if we sold (or loaned) Lamptey in the summer. I reckon a new right back will be top priority, and assuming they're in the Pervis mould (and if they're even slightly approaching Pervis ability) it feels a long, long way back for Lamptey.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Nice to see Veltman in the team.
Even nicer to see Lamptey go turbo down the wing.
Not sure if that was full pre-injury speed but still pretty rapid.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In a game today that was packed full of positives, I think seeing Lamptey back was possibly my highlight.

He looked sharp. Had plenty of pace again and best of all looked really confident in terms of going in for challenges. Very encouraging for a player back from a long injury.

Brilliant to have him back and firing on all cylinders!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In a game today that was packed full of positives, I think seeing Lamptey back was possibly my highlight.

He looked sharp. Had plenty of pace again and best of all looked really confident in terms of going in for challenges. Very encouraging for a player back from a long injury.

Brilliant to have him back and firing on all cylinders!
Well, my highlight was something different. It wasn't Pocket Pedro getting in the pockets and causing havoc, it wasn't even Evan's hat-trick. It was Veltman sh!tehousing Newcastle fans. And he did it twice. Most in the stadium didn't see it. I did: delicious.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well, my highlight was something different. It wasn't Pocket Pedro getting in the pockets and causing havoc, it wasn't even Evan's hat-trick. It was Veltman sh!tehousing Newcastle fans. And he did it twice. Most in the stadium didn't see it. I did: delicious.
Had a chuckle about that with those around me about that. Veltman is the master of the sly shitehousing

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I know it's the wrong person for this thread but my favourite moment was Gilmour putting on the afterburners closing down a clearance and beating two of their big grocks to a header.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lamptey looked great today and quick - I really hope he gets games and starts this season. I’ve not forgotten how great he was in lockdown pre injury…!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's a joy to watch Veltman at times, such an underrated player - loved his shitehousing of the Newcastle fans and his reaction to Evan's 2nd goal. Great to see Tariq's cameo too, looked sharp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here