Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Veganism

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Some good stuff on here.

I've been a veggie for 10 years now. Long-term goal is to become vegan as my reasons are ethical, I use soya stuff where I can and have tried Veganism but it IS very tough when you leave the house. Thankfully it seems much easier these days due to its popularity and aviliability of products.

Few things I've noticed over the years.

1. Forcing facts, data and images in front of people doesn't make them become vegan, it actually drives them away as it feels like an attack on thier freedom of choice. Reminds me alot of the divisivness in American over gun crime/laws etc. You will never change someones mind about meat if they don't care for animals or the planet, I only find it fustrating when someone tells me they DO care about these things but don't want to question the impact of what they are buying to eat.

2. People often think ALL vegans are the aggressive activists, people only think that becasue thats the vegans they SEE. Lots of people are veggie/vegan they just don't shout about it (as lots of carnivores tend to think).

3. If the subject ever comes up, lots of people suddenly become experts in protien.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
This is the most annoying thing I find about it actually. If you go to rural France (or skiing in the Alps for example), you have very little hope of getting by as a vegan unless you are fully self-catering. Going into a French restaurant outside of a city and asking for something vegetarian is bizarre enough, but try to explain that you don't even want cheese or butter. They look at you like you're the antichrist.

I should think they're highly offended that you don't want anything on their menu

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
seexgj2k1cdz.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This is the most annoying thing I find about it actually. If you go to rural France (or skiing in the Alps for example), you have very little hope of getting by as a vegan unless you are fully self-catering. Going into a French restaurant outside of a city and asking for something vegetarian is bizarre enough, but try to explain that you don't even want cheese or butter. They look at you like you're the antichrist.

Try Cyprus - Mrs W was on a veggie diet when we went and one restuarant was very proud of themselves when they said it wasn't a problem as they had chicken on the menu :facepalm:

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Discussing the subject many years ago i was informed that vegetarians did not eat meat, and vegans did not eat meat or fish, to learn now that vegans also do not eat chicken,cheese or eggs is most surprising

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Discussing the subject many years ago i was informed that vegetarians did not eat meat, and vegans did not eat meat or fish, to learn now that vegans also do not eat chicken,cheese or eggs is most surprising

Wait until you learn that they also don't wear leather. Your mind is gonna be blown.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
My daughter is a vegan and her motivation was the appalling level of cruelty these poor animals are subjected to. Any environmental advantages or disadvantages are co-incidental to her, If it helps the environment, great, but it's the animal welfare that motivates most Vegans.

The killing of animals for food are subject to checks and inspection, but i can understand the cruel method of slitting throats upsets many yet i have not noted any campaigns against this method

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Really? This is most surprising to me. Saying that, my dad is sometimes a bit unaware of this kind of thing so I guess it's a generational thing. I won't ask how old you are :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here