Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Varndean College & Millwall

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If they want stereotypes we can join in.

"Lazy b4stards, lazy b4stards, get some soap and have a wash! Get some soap and have a wash!".

I'm in a distinctly lyrical mood today.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Story has now been picked up by the Daily Mail.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
How many of them are going to be able to go? Don't most of them sell programmes or work at the kiosks in the ground anyway?

As the Tony bloom chant on 10 minutes isn't working, why dont we sing; " we're the working class over here" , " you're the posh toffs over there"

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
When I lived in Cornwall and was doing my A levels, Pete Bailey was the name of my sociology lecturer at Truro College. Really hope it isn't coincidence and Pete has moved up here, as he's a smashing bloke. I would happily buy him a pint.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dont get why it is patronising? They are trying to study football culture - what's so bad about this?

This for a start.

soccer.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
When I lived in Cornwall and was doing my A levels, Pete Bailey was the name of my sociology lecturer at Truro College. Really hope it isn't coincidence and Pete has moved up here, as he's a smashing bloke. I would happily buy him a pint.

It is the same fella, crackin bloke. BTW, I believe the trip has been cancelled due to over the top reactions and silliness in the press.

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
They won't be anywhere near the stadium! This thread is the study and they already have 4 pages of data. Fascinating.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Why are university students deemed to be work shy? I've never quite understood that one.

Please feel free and ask my daughter to get out of bed and get to work on time at Boulangerie de Cabessut tomorrow. It should answer your query quite quickly.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I guess they got enough material to justify all of the lazy assumptions on the poster...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Sociology students will be out tomorrow to learn about 'working class habits, masculinity, homophobia & racism, women challenging gender norms' with their posters illustrating a 'wall hooligan
Half a page in the Times also say the budding sociologists may 'even want to' talk to YOU. Look out

The wonderful Rod Liddle devotes his whole column to this in the ST today.
He even puts 'even want to' in quotes...
It is clear, however, that he didn't attend. In playing down 'Walls unfair reputation he missed the entertainment on view giving the students, in fact, a years coursework in just one night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here