As good as Mac is,I don't think even he can react that quick
He was clearly trying to get out of the way of the shot
Utter bollocks

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Having watched the major incidents on Social Media, it is clear that:
a) If the lino hadn't have flagged Mitoma's goal would have been allowed. VAR should have asked the ref to have a look.
b) Dunk's shirt pull would have needed to have been given by the ref, VAR won't refer the ref to it (despite England getting 2 or 3 pens in exactly the same situation in the 2018 World Cup)
c) Welbeck's shot is disallowed because of the letter of the law. That's not VAR's fault, just a stupid rule that has been introduced.
d) Mitoma's pen is so clear and obvious. Forget VAR for a minute, how did the ref and Mr Sharp Eye lino miss it? But then VAR is supposed to regulate for the incompetence of the ref .

Every time we have these situations happen to us, 3 and counting this season, I say that football needs to be more like rugby with a proper dialogue between ref and TMO (VAR) with the ref in charge but getting advice.
So Mitoma's goal is the ref blowing the whistle and then going over to the monitor himself, to check for himself, not waiting to be told by VAR.
As for the Mitoma penalty, Atwell must have seen and heard Mitoma go down, he should be going over to the monitor to check.
I was in favour of VAR, but now feel it should be scrapped as the refs watching on VAR are useless, and the refs on the pitch are being made to look incompetent.
Without VAR today, we would have got a 2-2 draw, as Welbeck's goal would have stood
There’s another penalty in the opening 10 mins, after the scramble. A Spurs hand pushes the ball away, it’s on Seagulls player…..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They’ll say Mitoma was returning to ground, didn’t have control of his body and would likely have fallen/gone down regardless due to his forward momentum and so the contact wasn’t relevant I’d imagine.
They can say that Russian soldiers are liberating the people of Ukraine, or that the moon is made of green cheese - they'd still be talking bollocks.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well MotD has shown all the incidents, verdict: VAR is an arse.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
well MotD has shown all the incidents, verdict: VAR is an arse.
Could not watch MOTD, still too cross. I don’t like losing but will accept it if it’s a fair contest, not the case today. Rubbish officiating. If that was in a South American stadium the ref would have caused a riot.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As good as Mac is,I don't think even he can react that quick
He was clearly trying to get out of the way of the shot
Utter bollocks
And I’m still waiting for a view where it shows it hits his hand, all I’ve seen is it looks like it hits his hip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here