Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] VAR today

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's a recurring theme on SSN when Dermot Gallagher reviews the weekend's decisions; how long the decision takes. He understands fans, players etc, getting upset with how long it takes, but there are no constraints and VAR should take as long as it needs to get the right decision. When the errors occurred a few weeks back for us and Arsenal, he noted they were rushing.

I suspect he'll suggest that's an issue today. Warren and Johnny keep noting how quick the decisions have been.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
lots on twitter saying we're being robbed, pundits, neutrals even a Spurs fan spotted. :nono:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This could only look more corrupt if Matt Hancock had awarded it a COVID contract

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For the handballs from the limited clips I’ve seen, I get as it’s keeping with the rules. But the penalty is unforgivable

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Worst officiating I've seen. For var to take the time to look rule out 2 goals, yet dismiss a clear penalty within seconds shows there is favouritism among the so called elite clubs.
Unbelievable and its now clear to me that officials are instructed to favour certain clubs..

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
For the handballs from the limited clips I’ve seen, I get as it’s keeping with the rules. But the penalty is unforgivable
The plural of penalty is penalties. That shirt pull on Dunk was even more obvious.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Never have I ever seen such a corrupt performance, fuming, why were the decision made in seconds? I hope all these officials are fined and banned.
Fined by those that instruct them? I don't think so. More corruption than certain areas of the met..

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Re. the Mitoma one - not sure what constitutes handball. I thought we were told it was the t-shirt line? The ball clearly hit his arm below the shoulder, but was above the 't-shirt' line. That said - the way Mitoma reacted was as thoough he was expecting it to be ruled out.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I’ll admit I’m struggling after that one. 4 penalties and 3 clear goals. Lenient on the cards can’t complain about as much. But utter joke. Imagine that the other way round and a big 6 side being hard done by? Have to imagine it as don’t think ever happened yet we see it over and over again for years.

Imagine how good a game it would have been if a few things given and Spurs had to attack!!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Worst officiating I've seen. For var to take the time to look rule out 2 goals, yet dismiss a clear penalty within seconds shows there is favouritism among the so called elite clubs.
Unbelievable and its now clear to me that officials are instructed to favour certain clubs..
I always laughed off Big Six Bias but christ I've changed my mind today. Never seen anything like it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Re. the Mitoma one - not sure what constitutes handball. I thought we were told it was the t-shirt line? The ball clearly hit his arm below the shoulder, but was above the 't-shirt' line. That said - the way Mitoma reacted was as thoough he was expecting it to be ruled out.
Jeff Stelling said exactly the same thing on Soccer Saturday.
Atwell and whoever was on VAR should be sacked imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here