Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra . . . Should we make a bid?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to my son he was mustard at Derby far better than any other wingers we have playec ghis season, being far quicker and more direct. That was his opinion so others may dispute that assessment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You may well be right with this, as a change of scenery and personnel can do us all the world of good. I do recall seeing an Argus article where he was quoted as saying he had no idea why he had been apparently cold-shouldered at Wolves and in another story, read that he said that was the sort of player to knock on the manager's door if he wanted clarifications/explanations etc. So perhaps we ought to be wary. Having said that, what a great goal and also the cross for Hemed last week. If CH and he can hit it off, then so well and good.

To qualify, this same Wolves STH colleague of mine did also state Elliott Bennett was pretty poor when we purchased him, however, he is a decent bloke and always meet him in the Great Western pre-season away at Wolves.

Last season him and his mate Willy met me pre-match at the Amex in Loos, until I advised him it was Lewes !

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He's impressed in the two games and our two loanees scored yesterday. Wolves will be loathed to let him go if he performs at a good level. He did play nearly a full season for them last year. They'll look for something hefty if he plays well for us, or want to keep him.

Don't get cross and I know I'm being pedantic but, it's loath rather than loathed which is very different.:)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I have not been paying attention to the DS games recently - has Harper been playing? Whilst he is not a winger, these injuries do potentially leave an opportunity for him if CH thinks he can do a job there and he is fit. Elvis needs to be given a go as well at some point.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He has two goals - not too shabby, but his defending is very poor. Not sure if we should bid or not for the extension.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not sure we should buy him. Bruno bombs forward, VLP stays up field and does not appear keen to track back closely. Recent games there have been huge holes on the right hand side of our team, exploited, goals conceded. maybe with more training and game time this can be sorted?

Think he's done surprisingly well, so let's not overreact to his underwhelming game on Saturday. Would definitely get him if Wolves dont mess us around on a deal

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are aiming for the Premier so the same question has to be asked of him as any prospective signing,. If we make it will he be good enough? So on that basis I think the answer for him and others during January is a loan until the end of the season and we look again in May as to where we will be next season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A loan while players are injured is one thing but I don't think we should buy him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We need a winger - arguably we need two with KLL and March long-term injured. He's shown a lot so far so I don't see why not, he was one of our best players against Boro, his cross for Hemed's winner against Charlton was sublime, there is a lot of potential there and I he won't be expensive. I'm sure if CH wants him we'll get him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here