Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra . . . Should we make a bid?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
2 Substitute appearances (Albeit one for the majority of the match) 1 goal, 1 assist. As we've seen with Solly and Kaz earlier in the year, wingers are all about confidence in beating players and this move seems to have been what RVP really needed.
Think the wolves fans helped to hound him out (Like we did with Barnes etc!)
From what I've seen he can certainly cross and has bags of pace and energy. Think he could be a vital part of our push if we can keep hold of him for the rest of the season. Ideal short term fix for March, after that a good player to bring on with fifteen minutes left to run at tired legs.
Sign him up!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What's the story with RVP and Wolves, and why he couldn't get into their match day squad? Did he fall out with someone?

potato head is wolves manager
need I say more

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The story according to my Wolves STH work colleague is he is shit and has a bad attitude, NB I got a text from this colleague after he had scored saying FFS he did nothing for us and made no effort.

Perhaps a spell in the beautiful South might be just the tonic for this player

You may well be right with this, as a change of scenery and personnel can do us all the world of good. I do recall seeing an Argus article where he was quoted as saying he had no idea why he had been apparently cold-shouldered at Wolves and in another story, read that he said that was the sort of player to knock on the manager's door if he wanted clarifications/explanations etc. So perhaps we ought to be wary. Having said that, what a great goal and also the cross for Hemed last week. If CH and he can hit it off, then so well and good.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd go for him in January provided that the fee is not excessive. He looks a good player based on what I have seen so far.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Extend his loan till end of season - not permanent though as we won't need him once Kez n Solly are back

Kaz is a bit part player at best. Unfortunately we will never be able to rely on him

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Extend his loan till end of season - not permanent though as we won't need him once Kez n Solly are back

Good shout, although he may be looking for a permanent deal. If he plays like he has so far for us for the rest of the month he'll get one somewhere. I'd put a fair wedge on CH being at the better end of the scale of man managers and getting the best out of people whilst commanding total respect, and sure this is having a bearing on our signings.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Wingers don't stay fit - particularly not KLL. We need 4 wingers. I'd only take him until the end of this season though - I agree he isn't good enough for the PL and wouldn't want him on the wage bill if we go up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wingers don't stay fit - particularly not KLL. We need 4 wingers. I'd only take him until the end of this season though - I agree he isn't good enough for the PL and wouldn't want him on the wage bill if we go up.

Very few of our players are good enough for the Premier League!, but maybe that should be the subject of a new thread.

First things first though, I'd say let's get there before we start worrying about which of our players are capable of playing there.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lets see how he gets on in the next few games. Were a few grumbles after he messed up a couple of attacking opportunities yesterday although took his goal well.
Agree, lots of people getting carried away on this thread. Personally before his goal I thought he didn't look up to it yesterday , great dribbler but constantly gave the ball away. Players should be begging to join us at the moment and not the other way round.

Also; I'm absolutely convinced manu is a better player and will eventually come good.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Way ahead of ourselves here.been on pitch less than a game in total. Great goal and good assist for Hemed's goal last week doesn't yet make him a gotta have in my view.

He is viewed as shite at Wolves for a reason. Possible that Jacket has missed something - it certainly happens - but let's see over next couple of games at least. If he plays well,Wolves might want him back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You may well be right with this, as a change of scenery and personnel can do us all the world of good. I do recall seeing an Argus article where he was quoted as saying he had no idea why he had been apparently cold-shouldered at Wolves and in another story, read that he said that was the sort of player to knock on the manager's door if he wanted clarifications/explanations etc. So perhaps we ought to be wary. Having said that, what a great goal and also the cross for Hemed last week. If CH and he can hit it off, then so well and good.

He's Dutch. I know loads of them. The percentage of them who are spikey know-alls, overendowed in the gob department, and with an opinion on everything, is higher than the equivalent percentage among other identifiable nationalities I knock about with. Apart from the Aussies, of course. :lolol:

So as spmeone else suggested, Mr Potatohead probably squinted his piggy eyes and pursed his tiny lips the first time our man stepped our of 'yes sir, no sir' territory. I suspect CH has much better mana management skills . . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here