Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Van Hecke probably had to take a massive shit

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I've noticed before in the stadium actually that he's got a very odd gait he sort of wiggles his hips and flaps his hands from side to side. When I first saw him coming on as a substitute i thought he was taking the mick. Until I realised that's just how he moves.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I enjoyed the fact that he was willing to be aggressive, there used to be a time that we seemed too respectful of teams like Chelsea. Keep it up JPVH is what I say (although don’t get sent off again).

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Going to go 'Dwayne' here, but am I the only one on here who doesn't rate Van Hecke.......

Just see him as a weak link and not a Premier League defender

I know I'm going to get the 'he's young' line thrown at me, but never been convinced when I've seen him live/on TV.

Hope to be proved wrong obviously, but just can't see it at the moment
Missed his performance v Haaland end of last season then ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was that Newcastle away? If so the whole team had a stinker !
It was, but he stood out for me in a poor bunch and not in a good way. I’ll throw Leicester away in as well, but that was his first game to be fair.

Saturday was a friendly, so didn’t matter and despite the second challenge seemed okay in the first half.

However as per my post, promising but some way to go.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
It was, but he stood out for me in a poor bunch and not in a good way. I’ll throw Leicester away in as well, but that was his first game to be fair.

Saturday was a friendly, so didn’t matter and despite the second challenge seemed okay in the first half.

However as per my post, promising but some way to go.
Agreed. My initial reply was to the poster who said he’d never seen him play well

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If you look at replay of the bad challenge, the back of his upper leg takes one heck of a hit from Chelsea player. Undoubtedly that was the cause of the bum shuffle walk
Also - he’s not had a (reasonably) competitive match for weeks. Going from constant running and jogging to walking is going to be painful. I doubt there was a foot long at sphincter reception waiting to check out.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Van Hecke was playing well until he got the yellow and red. At that point it was 1-1 and we were more than matching Chelsea.
But down to 10, without Van Hecke's interceptions, we imploded, quickly going 4-1 down.

It kind of confirms how good he is. Yes, he's a bit ungainly, and yes, he needs to stay on the pitch, but I believe we've got a gem.
He might be a future captain.

Completely agree with this, he impressed me.

And he had Haaland in his pocket last season, not many centre backs you can say that about!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Missed his performance v Haaland end of last season then ?

No, I was there. As ever.

Thought he got mainly bulled by Haaland (but then again most do) fouled Haaland alot to stop him and was comically sh1t on the goal line to stop the weak shot from Foden going in.

I just don't see a decent defender in Van Hecke but acknowledge I'm in the minority with my opinions on him.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
No, I was there. As ever.

Thought he got mainly bulled by Haaland (but then again most do) fouled Haaland alot to stop him and was comically sh1t on the goal line to stop the weak shot from Foden going in.

I just don't see a decent defender in Van Hecke but acknowledge I'm in the minority with my opinions on him.
Agree about the weak attempt to stop Foden’s goal. The rest of his game was very impressive. Just searched Twitter for “Haaland Van Hecke” and lots of praise from various accounts. Including this

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Agree about the weak attempt to stop Foden’s goal. The rest of his game was very impressive. Just searched Twitter for “Haaland Van Hecke” and lots of praise from various accounts. Including this

We're not going to agree, ever agree I'm afraid.

I've seen enough impressive performances over the years of defenders (Dunk, Cullip, etc) to know that Van Hecke's against City wasn't that.

But will bow out now, hope I'm wrong but remain convinced that he's 'not all that' right now

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lots of harsh words thrown at this young man today and I find it harsh.

The way he walked off the pitch and then when the camera followed him into the stadium, I think we can safely say he was stuck between a desire to get rid of a massive turd forcing its way into existence and the desire to avoid that from happening in front of tens to thousands of viewers
Safely say? Bollocks - what a load of ........ errr....... shit. Silliest thread in months - do you really think professional footballers don't sort this sort of stuff out before the match starts? In all my years of playing football (at a very low level) I never knew of anybody getting a red card so they could go off and have a shit.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Lots of harsh words thrown at this young man today and I find it harsh.

The way he walked off the pitch and then when the camera followed him into the stadium, I think we can safely say he was stuck between a desire to get rid of a massive turd forcing its way into existence and the desire to avoid that from happening in front of tens to thousands of viewers

Any man or woman familiar with the feeling of walking while physically squeezing the buth cheeks together to prevent the unavoidable, should also be willing to understand and forgive any thoughtless action during that process.
If you’ve gotta go, you’ve gotta go!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here