• Vane Hecke

• Webster

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Some of us got grief for calling Webster (and Van Hecke) bang average earlydoors on this thread.
It was true then, and it's true now :shrug:
You called both of them championship at best.
Given Webster's been in the team pretty consistently when fit for the last 3 years or so, in which time we've finished top 10 and top 6, and generally had one of the better defences in the league, that position was and is total nonsense.
He had a bad game, it happens. If we have other players who are clearly and consistently better then we had better make the most of them while we have the chance because we'll be selling them for about £50m in the next window.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
NSC is a place for opinions. Webster was shocking on Saturday and is rightly being discussed. It is a legitimate question as to if he is good enough and has every right to be debated!
Did you honestly think no Albion fan on this forum was going to mention Webster’s performance and mistakes after the match on Saturday?
But some of you guys are just looking for a single player to blame for the whole loss. If anyone was to blame and was below his usual standard let's look at the main man, tactical he got this very wrong it was clear the the boys in claret were going to block us and use their pace against our less pacy defence.

Hopefully fans will reset their expectations and won't be looking at Webster under a microscope to nit pick. They may even get to notice the good things he does.
De zerbi was at fault if we want to blame anyone.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But some of you guys are just looking for a single player to blame for the whole loss. If anyone was to blame and was below his usual standard let's look at the main man, tactical he got this very wrong it was clear the the boys in claret were going to block us and use their pace against our less pacy defence.

Hopefully fans will reset their expectations and won't be looking at Webster under a microscope to nit pick. They may even get to notice the good things he does.
De zerbi was at fault if we want to blame anyone.
Watch a replay of the first West Ham goal again, don’t think anyone would blame RDZ for that schoolboy error.

Nice of you to single out my post out of all the others….very kind 😆😁

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Webster was excellent at Wolves, and made a terrible mistake v WHU.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Webster was excellent at Wolves, and made a terrible mistake v WHU.
Mistakes. There were a lot of them and there are mistakes in every game he plays. I think he's either lost his legs or needs a longer and longer run in the team to get up to top standard. I'm not sure we can afford performances like Saturday whilst waiting for him to get his form back. He's also no longer a goal threat at corners, which is a massive shame because that adds a huge amount to us and would really add a dimension to the team.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Mistakes. There were a lot of them and there are mistakes in every game he plays. I think he's either lost his legs or needs a longer and longer run in the team to get up to top standard. I'm not sure we can afford performances like Saturday whilst waiting for him to get his form back. He's also no longer a goal threat at corners, which is a massive shame because that adds a huge amount to us and would really add a dimension to the team.
There is always 'Webster's Weekly Error', usually in the first half-hour or so. But generally it's just the one, and generally he gets away with it. But when he doesn't, it's painful.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Count me out of getting on his back because he had one shit game.

Webster is class, but has ALWAYS taken 2 or 3 games to get up to speed after a long lay off. Some of you are going to look like right nobs at Christmas when he's being spoken like VVD was a couple of years ago

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Count me out of getting on his back because he had one shit game.

Webster is class, but has ALWAYS taken 2 or 3 games to get up to speed after a long lay off. Some of you are going to look like right nobs at Christmas when he's being spoken like VVD was a couple of years ago
Nobody is being as critical of Webster as I'm sure he has been of himself since Saturday evening. Possibly RDZ!

I think he has been class in the past, but I haven't rated him for about 18 months now. I think he's been really poor and weak in both boxes. If it's any consolation, VVD is past his best as well.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Watch a replay of the first West Ham goal again, don’t think anyone would blame RDZ for that schoolboy error.

Nice of you to single out my post out of all the others….very kind 😆😁
Sorry young man, but you was the one that quoted me! Antonio did nudge him from memory, so Webster connection was not good, but like I said we were extremely vulnerable to pace, we had no Caicedo or Bissouma to help out in that area. RDZ got it wrong this time.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I doubt that this thread won't gain the attention this evening but the van hecke lad was shaky and he all but said to Wilson "take you chance laddie." And he did. Let's not get on players backs, we are one and Webster and Van hecke can both be useful to us.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Silly mistake at the end, but give VH some leeway.
He is establishing himself in premier league.
Ferguson is a freak, for most it takes some adjusting.
VH will be good for us.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
JPVH was generally good today against a lacklustre attack, nothing more than that and made an error for their goal (apparently Webster makes a mistake a match so they’re even on that front).

JPVH deserves to keep his place though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports