• Vane Hecke

• Webster

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I'm guessing the physio table made the decision for us.

I thought JP was decent enough had a couple of moments at both ends of the spectrum.

He certainly had to battle the big lads.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I got in to see much of the 'game of the day'.
In real time I thought JP was at fault for the player being free from the corner forcing an excellent save from Steele, he wasn't he was having his own battle with an outhouse!

But there was a nothing moment after Luton scored.
Steele to JP to Groß to Steele to Dunk.

It was a nothing moment but for me in encapsulated my feelings on this debate as JP to Groß was so effortless and simple.

I'm aware I'm doing Webster a huge disservice as he's probably equally adept at the pass but I wouldn't have been surprised if in that situation he'd taken a touch first.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I got in to see much of the 'game of the day'.
In real time I thought JP was at fault for the player being free from the corner forcing an excellent save from Steele, he wasn't he was having his own battle with an outhouse!

But there was a nothing moment after Luton scored.
Steele to JP to Groß to Steele to Dunk.

It was a nothing moment but for me in encapsulated my feelings on this debate as JP to Groß was so effortless and simple.

I'm aware I'm doing Webster a huge disservice as he's probably equally adept at the pass but I wouldn't have been surprised if in that situation he'd taken a touch first.

It's a toss up. Webster is by far our best player at winning aerial duels, whereas JPVH wins less than most.

I would expect Webster to play when we're against teams that rely on winning a lot of headers.

Overall I think Webster is still the better player, but it's great that JPVH is getting experience, as he can only get better.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's a toss up. Webster is by far our best player at winning aerial duels, whereas JPVH wins less than most.

I would expect Webster to play when we're against teams that rely on winning a lot of headers.

Overall I think Webster is still the better player, but it's great that JPVH is getting experience, as he can only get better.
I would have thought yesterday was prime aerial stuff. Put three big blokes up front, pump the ball up to them and hope for knockdowns.

For me, JPVH is improving all the time and loves the physical stuff. Much as I like Webster, I think JP is currently the one in best form :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Neither looks all that immune from serious upgrade IMHO. Both look Championship level. Apologies (not apologies) if that spoils the echo chamber narrative

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Webster had a very good game today, a couple of goal saving clearances too. Don’t get the “not good enough” personally :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports