[Albion] Van Hecke or Webster?

Van Hecke or Webster?

• Vane Hecke

• Webster

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Dunk and Igor before JPVH and Webster 4th choice for me.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I’m not a huge fan of Webster. Bit too error prone and injury prone imo. Dunk and JPVH for me as Igor needs to get used to the PL a bit. Reserving judgement on Igor until I’ve seen more of him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Webster for now, then JPVH increasing his game time slowly but surely to mitigate against mistakes and getting sent off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There’s a debate? Webster for sure at the moment. JPVH will be a better player in the future than Webster is now, but he isn’t yet.
This all day long.

JPvH has one good game against on the beach City and then a good pre-season and suddenly he's as good as one of our best ever defenders?

Give him time. He's nowhere near that level yet.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This all day long.

JPvH has one good game against on the beach City and then a good pre-season and suddenly he's as good as one of our best ever defenders?

Give him time. He's nowhere near that level yet.
Yep. Some very short memories and recency bias on show.

There was a sustained period of time not that long ago where Webster was consistently better than Dunk and was the one who was going to break into the England squad. He had an injury interrupted last season which didn't help him but if he can stay fit, he's a brilliant CB.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

There was a sustained period of time not that long ago where Webster was consistently better than Dunk and was the one who was going to break into the England squad. He had an injury interrupted last season which didn't help him but if he can stay fit, he's a brilliant CB.
Quite. Had we kept hold of Lvi Colwill for another season, JPvH would have been spending this season on loan at somewhere like Bristol City or Southampton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Absolutely, and as said in #2 I'm not and never will hate on Webster but times change.

Webster was a monster under Potter, he was the first signing into GPotts team and was quite possibly a 'can I have Webbo please' signing.
That got repaid in spades and as you say he was ahead of Dunk and England bound.

But the whole set up has changed and I just don't feel Adam is comfortable playing De Zerbi ball.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Both are inconsistant TBH

JPVH has the excuse of youth and being new to the first squad though, whereas I've never been sold on Webster.

I'm not a huge fan of either as it stands but if we get more of the JPVH from the City game than do have a great player.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I thought JPVH looked really good for the second half on Sunday. Seemed really confident. Maybe it was our £10’s of million valuation to Ajax that boosted his confidence.
If it was, then great.
Thought Webster looked shaky first half. Could have a slight knock.
Thankfully I’m not the manager.

Also thought Dahoud looked off the pace whereas he looked good in the US.
Could just be an issue of the intensity of training and then a game straight after. Maybe why Roberto has given them a day or two off, so they are really ready to go on Saturday.

If it was down to me I’d go JP.
Defensively got things right, but does have a tendency to over hit his passes. Personally I have a slight preference for Webster right now, but the more worrying thing is that it HAS to be Dunk Plus.....The Skipper looks untouchable, I just hope he can continue to stay free of serious injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here