Van Hecke or Webster?

• Vane Hecke

• Webster

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Tough one. Both have good bantz, but Webster seems like he can take a joke well too. This for a dream dinner party lineup?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Luton's only strength is their physicality. Surely you go with Webster to match up against that, plus he's good in the air at both ends.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we are being conservative, Webster, If we are going for it JPVH. I'm not sure where Igor fits as he looks very Brazilian going forward. Unfortunately he also looks a bit Brazilian when defending. I'm quite relaxed about it as it's RDZ's responsibility and he will get the praise/blame/whatever :thumbsup:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Luton's only strength is their physicality. Surely you go with Webster to match up against that, plus he's good in the air at both ends.
Well if we’re talking physicality you’d surely go Dunk and Igor?

Between JPVH and Webster, I’d lean towards JP, but only marginally because I think he’s the better passer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well if we’re talking physicality you’d surely go Dunk and Igor?

Between JPVH and Webster, I’d lean towards JP, but only marginally because I think he’s the better passer.
Putting in a bloke who is barely off the plane is a risk, especially with us playing out from the back, so no to Igor starting. His time will come though.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Webster if can get run of games without injury then Igor as backup and think JPVH will be used in domestic cups to get more experience

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I thought JPVH looked really good for the second half on Sunday. Seemed really confident. Maybe it was our £10’s of million valuation to Ajax that boosted his confidence.
If it was, then great.
Thought Webster looked shaky first half. Could have a slight knock.
Thankfully I’m not the manager.

Also thought Dahoud looked off the pace whereas he looked good in the US.
Could just be an issue of the intensity of training and then a game straight after. Maybe why Roberto has given them a day or two off, so they are really ready to go on Saturday.

If it was down to me I’d go JP.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Van Hecke - but only because I get the feeling (based on nothing at all, TBH) that he isn't a de Zerbi type player. Van Hecke could, I think, ultimately be Dunk's long term replacement - he'll need to be patient for that though.
Wonder if we might go three at the back, as we did when Ben White was here - Van Hecke-Dunk-Igor might work. Probably unlikely to happen though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the first chunk of the season I do predict enough minor errors and maybe the odd big gaffe, from whoever plays, to validate the opposite opinion.

Feb 23, 2013
I thought JPVH looked really good for the second half on Sunday. Seemed really confident. Maybe it was our £10’s of million valuation to Ajax that boosted his confidence.
If it was, then great.
Thought Webster looked shaky first half. Could have a slight knock.
Thankfully I’m not the manager.

Also thought Dahoud looked off the pace whereas he looked good in the US.
Could just be an issue of the intensity of training and then a game straight after. Maybe why Roberto has given them a day or two off, so they are really ready to go on Saturday.

If it was down to me I’d go JP.
Couldnt have described it any better. Bravo

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Everyone assuming that Dunk (one game since May) will be fit (and match ready)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports