Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can't believe we didn't have Gatwick camped out for any club official/doctor/someone going over there in a reverse to the usual flight tracker stuff. Someone even a minder or player liason must be headed out to the Argie U23's training camp no? What a job that would be!

If is the release clause then he and his agent are the ones to pay the fee to Boca. We would only give it to them if he's agreed terms! You won't get 8 different clubs all sending the money to them, him paying one lot across and then debating who to go with before returning it to the other unlucky teams.

Pervis is shirley not going to a chelsea or a spurs unless he runs down his contract to a year. Citeh, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern and maybe PSG seems the list who he's right for. Best left back in the prem potentially.

Just remember (granted under Potter who did a lot of this kind of thing where-as RDZ seems to find a better balance of when to) Cucurella was signed as about the most attacking full back in world football but ended up playing left back or left cb when the world assumed he's be a left winger like Bale. Could well see Barco one side and much more defensive Veltman the other in a back four. Unlikely to play there if Gross or Hinshelwood is the RB though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
‘Allowing‘ :facepalm: and so called big clubs wonder why they get accused of arrogance!
In fairness, as he had a release clause, they could hav ejust signed him, if they had wanted to.
Clearly they didn't.

I suspect it has more to do with the ownership complications, which we are well versed in now.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
In fairness, as he had a release clause, they could hav ejust signed him, if they had wanted to.
Clearly they didn't.
That's not how release clauses work.

The player and agent still have to sign a contract. If he didn't want to go to Man City because of lack of guaranteed playing time, didn't fancy an immediate championship loan etc... Then they wouldn't sign. Regardless of how much Man City bid

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That's not how release clauses work.

The player and agent still have to sign a contract. If he didn't want to go to Man City because of lack of guaranteed playing time, didn't fancy an immediate championship loan etc... Then they wouldn't sign. Regardless of how much Man City bid
There were several reports that City and Barco had agreed a deal in principle, earlier in the year.
If those reports were true, all that was required was for city to make the necessary bid.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There were several reports that City and Barco had agreed a deal in principle, earlier in the year.
If those reports were true, all that was required was for city to make the necessary bid.
Surely the player still has to agree to it? I would be shocked if proved wrong.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My advice would be when she’s definitely up for it, and you’ve talked about it. Don’t just try and surprise her with it.
If he takes her somewhere she finds more conventional and diligently pays attention to her there for long enough she may suprise him and offer to be taken up the amex.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm pretty certain that he will be on our first team bench, from the very first match that he is fit and available for selection.

The lad could have signed for pretty much any big club in the WORLD, and has seemingly chosen to come to us. There is not a chance he has done so, without very firm promises that he's coming to play first team football.
I really hope you are right. That means the club consider him first team ready. He certainly won’t be going on loan,

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
So nice of Petro FC to allow us to sign this player, and there was me thinking he was a Boca player!
Just be grateful for their benevolence , any player in the world should be grateful to have the chance to join that bastion of sporting integrity.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The arrogance of the writer is breathtaking.

“the Citizens can afford to wait and see how Barco performs in England with Brighton before deciding whether to make a move for the South American wonderkid in future.”
True though.

Almost like sending him on loan to us first, eh

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
True though.

Almost like sending him on loan to us first, eh
True up to a point...

That point being when/if they get hit with a massive points deduction/transfer embargo for multiple breaches of FFP etc.

They might end up wishing they had a SA wunderkid on the books when they are attempting to get promoted from league 2.

(let me dream)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The arrogance of the writer is breathtaking.

“the Citizens can afford to wait and see how Barco performs in England with Brighton before deciding whether to make a move for the South American wonderkid in future.”
I'm sure we'll let them have him on the cheap!!

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
IMG_7441.png

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If we’re sensible (which we very much are) we’ll activate the release clause and do the medical for Federico Redondo at the same time. Exactly what our midfield needs.

Please make it happen Tony and Sam Jewell,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here