Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Talking of Ali Mac, wasn’t there a thing about him playing for the U23s around the time we signed him too? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
thanks Sherlock.
Yeh I can’t believe you didn’t know this. He’s stood on the football with both feet. He’s not actually trying to dribble round the player he is taking the mick. He has stood on the football. It is not normal. It is a piss take thing. It’s not a skill.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It’s done

A pedant writes: It's NOT done. What with, y'know, the fact he was/is '...set to undergo [a] medical' and all that...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A pedant writes: It's NOT done. What with, y'know, the fact he was/is '...set to undergo [a] medical' and all that...
But isn’t ChaileyJem actually Paul Barber? So maybe it is…

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But isn’t ChaileyJem actually Paul Barber? So maybe it is…
Even if it WAS PB, he'd still be pre-medical, according to that tweet. Unless the tests had been completed mega quickly!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Even if it WAS PB, he'd still be pre-medical, according to that tweet. Unless the tests had been completed mega quickly!
I still believe he’s flying over like so many of the chancer ‘journos’ on Twitter said 🤣 Love it when minor details uncover the frauds!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
#SheeboITK

:thumbsup:
Ok I’ll give you ONE….

We are SINGING an ARGIE WUNDAMAN. I can’t give you more than that. He’s a footballer and he’s Argentinaiaean. He has UNUSUAL hair. That’s ALL I can SAY. But, my SAUCES tell me it’s happening…

#SheeboITK #WriteAgain #HoldYourNerves

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We are moving towards a binfest on this thread!

Time to chill out, sit back, relax and wait for the shirt holding photo

It could be a few days away :lolol:

It’s a delayed done deal isn’t it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We are moving towards a binfest on this thread!

Tome to chill out, sit back, relax and wait for the shirt holding photo

It could be a few days away :lolol:
The oracle has spoke (That’s ME btw), and there is a SINGING happening in the next 256hours or so. You heard it HEAR first ok…

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The oracle has spoke (That’s ME btw), and there is a SINGING happening in the next 256hours or so. You heard it HEAR first ok…
Nope we heard it from Romano and Chaiiley first, avoid band wagon jumpers :lolol:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Yawn. I'm bored of this one now it is in the bag. Who is next, is what I want to know. That Cypriot shark fisher sounded good, what happened with him?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I guess it depends on how fit we expect Lamptey to be for the rest of the season. Lallana’s experience, knowledge and leadership could be vital from the bench to see out a game.

I didn’t realise ALs only mins in the Europa League came in the home game against Marseille, but I believe he was still vital in beating them. It was his quick flick to Ferguson that led to the goal for Pedro.
Ahem, it was a flick to Pascal, who put JP in. So (yet) another assist for Gross.
Really agree on Lallana against Marseille: thought he was sensational in that game. It's really tough to leave players out, although Dahoud is the likeliest. I think Lallana and Lamptey are two of the next most likely candidates, and would prefer Lallana drops out because:
-- he'll take it better, and doing so to Lamptey will be akin to writing him off
-- we need more cover at FB rather than ACM
I take your point about experience, but not sure why Lallana can't become one of the coaching staff for EL games.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This from a Boca fan on the Man Utd forum back in September

I hope we keep him at least one more year.

He is a strange player, he started as fullback but defensivly he was easily overpowered many times.
He is extremely confident since a very very early age, specially regarding taking on players, or flamboyant stuff. That is the sign of a a special player.

Yet:
1. His physique is quite a question mark...he needs to get stronger, not that much anymore if he starts to play as a midfielder
2. His entourage regarding transfers, ownership, it's since day one quite discouraging like the usual nowadyas stuff of financial Groups "owning" players since a very uyoung age...too many talks about him since 16, it's a very problematic enviroment
3. He has lost too many matches to mature these last years mainly because of the above situation, that also includes Boca being quite stupid or confusing too.
3. He doesn't have a role, he really doesn't

So he is a mistery with a very noticeable talent and skills and winner attitude, yet to many questions around him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here