NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
First cap in the bag.

Edit - Something very strange about watching the World Champions play with the commentator barking ‘Barco’, ‘Buonanotte’ and then ‘Mac Allister’. We seem to have a knack of signing good players !

You edited you post after I posted saying basically that (otherwise I wouldn’t have posted!) but yes, strange and also incredible to see Alexis, Facundo and Valentin all in the same Argentinian side.

Honestly, it is a testament to how far we have come that the youngsters we have coming into the squad are already in their teens seasoned international youth players and very soon capped for the first teams regardless of the Country they are from - as @AZ Gull’s brilliant synopsis highlights - how can anyone be anything other than excited for next season 😍

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh my! That's insane. :rave::rave::rave::wave:

Have a lovely day :thumbsup:
Yes it is!

One of the many unexpected measures of our current success. Who would have ever believed it. I am still under the impression that I have been transported to a wonderful new parallel universe. Shame some of the other stuff going on isn't quite up to the same level of improvement though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes it is!

One of the many unexpected measures of our current success. Who would have ever believed it. I am still under the impression that I have been transported to a wonderful new parallel universe. Shame some of the other stuff going on isn't quite up to the same level of improvement though.
Brexit you mean? Sunk? Ukraine? Trump? Gaza?

??? :wink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
8D7499BE-85CE-4497-B590-AD6B0C1CF66C.jpeg

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Really needs to start getting game time for us now. Maybe I’m being over sceptical but personally felt that RDZ was holding him back to make a point to Bloom about lack of experienced signings in Jan. Feels like exactly the sort of player that could make a big impact and get some impetus going for the season run in like Caceido did a couple of years back.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Really needs to start getting game time for us now. Maybe I’m being over sceptical but personally felt that RDZ was holding him back to make a point to Bloom about lack of experienced signings in Jan. Feels like exactly the sort of player that could make a big impact and get some impetus going for the season run in like Caceido did a couple of years back.
Yep. With Mitoma out for the season and Pervis’s patchy form, I see no reason why he shouldn’t be looking to start games now.

With a squad that looks short on confidence at the moment, this kid’s attitude could be just what we need.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Something De Zerbi desperately needs or else he might find himself stuck here for another year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nah! He said he needs to learn the system. It took Dunk 2 weeks before he even understood what the system is, let alone how to implement it.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Even my wife says it’s bonkers!
Just wish Mac was still wearing our blue and white. He would be the difference from where we are and where we want to be. Hopefully others will grow into his shoes.
Gilmour has done this. We aren’t lacking players like Mac, we are missing a Calciedo type player (hopefully Baleba can be this)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not ‘over sceptical’ but bordering on conspiracy theories and fanciful narratives perhaps. 😉

Barco is a 19 year old kid used to playing South America football - and Argentina may be one of the best teams in the world and Boca a top flight club but De Zerbi ball it ain’t.

He probably barely speaks English which is a stumbling block - most of his training probably needs to take place alongside Buonanotte to translate for him (or Fati) and he will need to fight to play in a side that has Igor and Pervis doing well at LB, Lamptey, Adingra and Buonanotte as well as Enciso back who can play wide midfield or wing positions at the moment. (Fati is on loan and we are likely to be obliged to use him as it is specifically to progress with his rehab).

I was impressed though with Barco’s confident and strong performance yesterday based on the few clips I saw posted above - despite his passing being a little erratic at times and struggling to cope when he runs into defenders - He reminds me of a young Gareth Bale - a very quick and strong left sided player and lots of raw talent - he’ll get his shot but it might have to wait until next season before he gets regular starts unless RDZ is convinced he has learnt his role and the system from watching him in training. I could see him replacing Mitoma in due course - his talent is definitely to cause havoc high up the pitch.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here