Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] March 2024 - ** 26 ** (yes, that's TWENTY-SIX) Albion players on international duty

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We have reached the final international break of the season, one of those periods when Albion fans collectively forget about football for a few days and NSC activity drops by about 50% (or so it seems). But being the European powerhouse that we now are, there will not be much rest for many of the Albion players as a significant number of our professionals get called up for the honour of representing their country (no Ben Whites here).

This month Albion have 26 27 players on duty across all age groups.

Players receiving call-ups at senior level:-

Jakub Moder - Poland
Mahmoud Dahoud - Syria
Pervis Estupinan - Ecuador
Jeremy Sarmiento - Ecuador
Bart Verbruggen - Netherlands
Billy Gilmour - Scotland
Samy Chouchane - Tunisia
Tariq Lamptey - Ghana
Valentin Barco - Argentina
Facundo Buonanotte - Argentina
Lewis Dunk - England
Pascal Gross - Germany
Deniz Undav - Germany
Evan Ferguson - ROI
Andrew Moran - ROI [he has been called up to the U-21s but will report to the senior camp prior to their fixture against Switzerland]
Julio Enciso - Paraguay
Simon Adingra - Ivory Coast

Players receiving age-level call-ups:-

Steven Hall - Australia U-23
Kacper Kozlowski - Poland U-21
Ruairi McConville - Northern Ireland U-21
Mark O'Mahony - ROI U-21
Andrew Moran - ROI U-21
Yasin Ayari - Sweden U-21
James Beadle - England U-20
**Joshua Duffus - England U-19** [called up from standby on Tuesday after others dropped out]
Noel Bigo Atom - Germany U-19
Adrian Mazilu - Romania U-19
Adam Brett - Wales U-17

A couple of notes:-
1) Yasin Ayari's younger brother Taha has also been called up to the Swedish U-21 squad and it is their first national camp together
2) He is not yet an Albion player but Ibrahim Osman has received his first call to the Ghana senior squad
3) Samy Chouchane and Tunisia are playing in a four-team friendly tournament that was originally called the Winsunited Cup and scheduled to be hosted in Abu Dhabi, UAE. However, just a few days ago it was announced that due to "sponsorship issues" the tournament had been re-scheduled for Egypt (and now forms part of the inaugural "FIFA Series" set of friendlies). I saw something online a couple of days ago that mentioned it was a fake sponsor :lol: although I can't now find that reference.

I plan on producing a daily preview/review of Albion-related involvement, and later today I'll post a preview of Wednesday's action.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We have reached the final international break of the season, one of those periods when Albion fans collectively forget about football for a few days and NSC activity drops by about 50% (or so it seems). But being the European powerhouse that we now are, there will not be much rest for many of the Albion players as a significant number of our professionals get called up for the honour of representing their country (no Ben Whites here).

This month Albion have 26 players on duty across all age groups.

Jakub Moder - Poland
Mahmoud Dahoud - Syria
Billy Gilmour - Scotland
Samy Chouchane - Tunisia
Tariq Lamptey - Ghana
Lewis Dunk - England
Pascal Gross - Germany
Deniz Undav - Germany
Evan Ferguson - ROI
Andrew Moran - ROI [he has been called up to the U-21s but will report to the senior camp prior to their fixture against Switzerland]
Julio Enciso - Paraguay

Mark O'Mahony - ROI U-21
Andrew Moran - ROI U-21
Adam Brett - Wales U-17

1) Yasin Ayari's younger brother Taha has also been called up to the Swedish U-21 squad and it is their first national camp together
2) He is not yet an Albion player but Ibrahim Osman has received his first call to the Ghana senior squad
3) Samy Chouchane and Tunisia are playing in a four-team friendly tournament that was originally called the Winsunited Cup and scheduled to be hosted in Abu Dhabi, UAE. However, just a few days ago it was announced that due to "sponsorship issues" the tournament had been re-scheduled for Egypt (and now forms part of the inaugural "FIFA Series" set of friendlies). I saw something online a couple of days ago that mentioned it was a fake sponsor :lol: although I can't now find that reference.

I plan on producing a daily preview/review of Albion-related involvement, and later today I'll post a preview of Wednesday's action.
Amazing detail, thanks 👍🏼

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This month Albion have 26 players on duty across all age groups.

Jakub Moder - Poland
Mahmoud Dahoud - Syria
Billy Gilmour - Scotland
Samy Chouchane - Tunisia
Tariq Lamptey - Ghana
Lewis Dunk - England
Pascal Gross - Germany
Deniz Undav - Germany
Evan Ferguson - ROI
Julio Enciso - Paraguay

Mark O'Mahony - ROI U-21
Andrew Moran - ROI U-21
Adam Brett - Wales U-17

As my strapline used to say (till the comedy imperative prevailed). my favourite NSC poster :bowdown:

Also, what a time to be alive. :ohmy:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So, things kick-off on Wednesday with potentially four Albion players in action.

Steven Hall, our new Aussie custodian, is in the Australian U-23 (Olyroos) squad which will compete in the 2024 West Asian Football Federation (WAFF) U-23 Championship in Saudi Arabia. They face Iraq in what is effectively a quarter-final match.

Noel Bigo Atom is in the German U-19 squad for the U-19 European Championship Elite round of qualifying in Croatia. They face the hosts on Wednesday with matches to follow against Romania and Turkey.

Adrian Mazilu (who joined us in January and immediately went out on loan to Vitesse Arnhem) is the Romanian U-19 squad also competing in Croatia. They face Turkey on Wednesday.

Adam Brett, an Albion U-16 academy player, is in the Wales U-17 squad out in Romania for the U-17 European Championship Elite round of qualifying. They face the hosts on Wednesday with further matches against Sweden on Saturday and Bulgaria on Tuesday.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
To be fair, Netherlands have some serious competition at CB. It’ll be tough for him to break in.

Van Dijk, de Ligt, de Vrij, Ake is a pretty good set of centre backs tbf.
Hate to admit it but Botman and Van de Ven comfortably ahead of JPVH in the pecking order as well. Can't see him breaking in any time soon (unless injuries force an opportunity).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's kind of surreal. I remember chanting "we've got an England international" when Peter Ward got his full cap.
Indeed. I can also remember the pride we had when people like Peter O'Sullivan and Willie Irvine played for Wales and Northern Ireland. In fact we also used to be impressed even when we signed former England internationals, like Frank Worthington. And NSC went crazy when 'Our Bobby' got called up for England U21s. (And there was still a big reaction when he got his first full England cap, even though he wasn't a Brighton player then).

Twenty six. We have indeed come a long way.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hate to admit it but Botman and Van de Ven comfortably ahead of JPVH in the pecking order as well. Can't see him breaking in any time soon (unless injuries force an opportunity).
Well Botman is likely to be out now until Xmas after ACL surgery. Just a few more to nobble and JPVH will be on the plane to Germany.

Added bonus that it's a huge blow for Newcastle in the race for Europe.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Wednesday review:-

Steven Hall was not involved as the Australian U-23 side beat Iraq 2-1 in the WAFF U-23 quarter-final. They will now face either Egypt or UAE in the semi-final on Saturday.

Adrian Mazilu started and played 79 minutes for the Romanian U-19s as they lost 2-0 to Turkey in the European Championship Elite Round qualifier. They next face Germany on Saturday.

Noel Bigo Atom came on as a 90th minute sub as the German U-19s lost 2-1 against Croatia. The Germans face Adrian Mazilu's Romania on Saturday.

Adam Brett came on as a 68th minute sub as the Welsh U-17s beat Romania 2-1 in the European Championship Elite Round qualifier. They next face Sweden on Saturday.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

This month Albion have 26 27 players on duty across all age groups.

Jakub Moder - Poland
Mahmoud Dahoud - Syria
Billy Gilmour - Scotland
Samy Chouchane - Tunisia
Tariq Lamptey - Ghana
Lewis Dunk - England
Pascal Gross - Germany
Deniz Undav - Germany
Evan Ferguson - ROI
Julio Enciso - Paraguay

Mark O'Mahony - ROI U-21
Andrew Moran - ROI U-21
**Joshua Duffus - England U-19** [called up from standby on Tuesday after others dropped out]
Adam Brett - Wales U-17

Absolute hero mate

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thursday could see up to seven Albion players in action:-

Jakub Moder is back in the Poland squad and could have a part to play in their important EURO 2024 Qualifying Play-off Path A semi-final at home to Estonia.

Mahmoud Dahoud is now a Syrian and could feature against Myanmar in a 2026 World Cup AFC Second Round Group B qualifier.

Pervis Estupinan and Jeremy Sarmiento are in the Ecuador squad who play Guatemala in a friendly at the Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey.

Kacper Kozlowski and the Polish U-21s have an U-21 European Championship Group D qualifier against Israel in neutral Germany.

Ruairi McConville is in the Northern Ireland U-21 squad who play a friendly away in the Czech Republic.

Joshua Duffus, called up from the standby list yesterday, is with the England U-19s for a friendly in Morocco.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here