Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valencia to visit Amex for pre-season friendly *** 7pm KICK OFF ***

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
As an attacking unit poor. Same as last year defence very good. Until we get a midfielder that can break and a replacement for Murray we will struggle. Just dont understand 20m on another defender when our needs are elsewhere. Lets hope we have lots of set pieces.

I have to agree and along with many on here have stated a striker, central midfielder and right back should have been our priority, not buying and loaning out central defenders

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Their number 7 and their defender wearing 12 were superb.

Yes the No 12 was outstanding.....

Had to Google the 12, Moucter Diakhaby, apparently, 22 years old and French, having reperesented France at youth international level (I got all this from wiki but see no reason to doubt it).

We were commenting on him all night. An absolute UNIT he swatted Murray like he was a pesky fly early on and then did the same thing to Locadia. But he could ball play as well. We were in the North behind the goal and there was one moment in the second half where he just swept up a loose ball probably eight yards from his own goal and facing sideways and calmly dribbled and passed his way out of trouble, Definitely shows there are younger defenders out there who are high quality.

The 7 is Guedes who is a Portugal international who I fully expected to be decent.

Not bad sticking a 2-1 victory over players like that eh? :lol: :angel: :whistle:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Just seen these highlights of our game, and from I've seen, bloody hell :vuvu::salute:

Without doubt the oddest highlights package I've ever seen in my life. The commentary is good but the bit where they cut from Valencia's goal straight to our penalty with no context at all is fantastic :salute:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Without doubt the oddest highlights package I've ever seen in my life. The commentary is good but the bit where they cut from Valencia's goal straight to our penalty with no context at all is fantastic :salute:

Exactly what I was thinking. I missed the penalty incident last night so was hoping to see what happened but alas.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some of the comments on here about “not much difference” have to have been posted by people still miffed about CH’s sacking. Hard to believe that anyone could think that performance ranked alongside what we saw for the last three months of last season.

Time to get over the sacking and get behind the new manager.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some of the comments on here about “not much difference” have to have been posted by people still miffed about CH’s sacking. Hard to believe that anyone could think that performance ranked alongside what we saw for the last three months of last season.

Time to get over the sacking and get behind the new manager.

Last 3 months, yes.
Prior to that little difference.

It’s not about getting behind or not getting behind the manager. A lot of the reaction seems to be blinded by the last 3 months, rather than what actually went on last evening IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Last 3 months, yes.
Prior to that little difference.

It’s not about getting behind or not getting behind the manager. A lot of the reaction seems to be blinded by the last 3 months, rather than what actually went on last evening IMO.

Going toe to toe with a Champion’s League team is not something we did at all last season, except against Man United early doors. It was clear that something had gone very wrong by the end of last season. Newcastle first half ffs. A few months off would not have fixed it imo, so excuse me for being enthusiastic again :smile:

You guys carry on with your doubting :wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Going toe to toe with a Champion’s League team is not something we did at all last season, except against Man United early doors. It was clear that something had gone very wrong by the end of last season. Newcastle first half ffs. A few months off would not have fixed it imo, so excuse me for being enthusiastic again :smile:

Yes the home form in the last few months was rubbish...... absolutely terrible in fact.

But perspective, Valencia are a team who is a couple of weeks behind us, used 22 players..... Good run-out for me, it is silly to read anything else into it. Nice to win,

We actually looked just as effective vs Nice last year, and that didn’t matter either....

Watford is when it matters......

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes the home form in the last few months was rubbish...... absolutely terrible in fact.

But perspective, Valencia are a team who is a couple of weeks behind us, used 22 players..... Good run-out for me, it is silly to read anything else into it. Nice to win,

We actually looked just as effective vs Nice last year, and that didn’t matter either....

We looked shit against a NANTES team that are nowhere near the level of Valencia. Get a grip Teddy FFS. That game bored me to tears.

D

Deleted member 2719

Exactly toe to toe is the only way surely anyone can view that and we came out winners.

I saw no fear from our players at all.

Early days but it bodes well, can't wait.:albion2::albion2:

D

Deleted member 2719

Sounds like your hoping we are going to lose against Watford Teddy???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly toe to toe is the only way surely anyone can view that and we came out winners.

I saw no fear from our players at all.

Early days but it bodes well, can't wait.:albion2::albion2:

Sadly, some are only looking for the negatives though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here