Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I enjoyed(ish) that.

I think the sum of the parts are pretty good and very promising.

The back 3 was shakily assured, they were solid but either them or me aren't quite convinced.
Burn seems to have settled in well!!

Stephens and esp Propper seemed happier a little further up the pitch.
Davy in particular was facing the opposition and looked like he did last winter.

Trossard and March could be exciting.

Big Jurg looked great and then not so much.

Although none of it seemed very joined up, I guess that's too be expected, but the next match has 3 points at stake and as far as many on here are concerned it'll be a season defining game. :lol:

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good work out against a good side. Positives were March, Trossard, Duffy (man mountain) Burn.

Work in progress for Bernado.....surprises me how poor he looked.
Propper, Gross looked a little slow.

Overall 7 out of 10 against a skilful Spanish side......not too shabby.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
What was the shoe waving all about?

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I can't see teams in the lower half of the EPL being able to press as well as Valencia. We have some good pace and the final third decision making will get better with game time. I'm quite happy with the way we are progressing.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think I had actually forgotten what football looked like.

Lol. Me too. I liked the quick one touch passing even right in front of our goal with the Valencia forwards pressing down on us. Some nice neat forward passes too and players getting quickly up the pitch

Overall very enjoyable to watch and can see what Harry is trying to do and definite changes to last season even though we are a work in progress.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I enjoyed(ish) that.

I think the sum of the parts are pretty good and very promising.

The back 3 was shakily assured, they were solid but either them or me aren't quite convinced.
Burn seems to have settled in well!!

Stephens and esp Propper seemed happier a little further up the pitch.
Davy in particular was facing the opposition and looked like he did last winter.

Trossard and March could be exciting.

Big Jurg looked great and then not so much.

Although none of it seemed very joined up, I guess that's too be expected, but the next match has 3 points at stake and as fair as many on here are concerned it'll be a season defining game. [emoji38]
Yep. Too early to make judgements. Alien style for most of us.. really need to see more of what we intend to do in the final third. As I recall there was very little movement inside the penalty area .we need to see players making space for through balls. Not many shots on target as I recall

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thoroughly enjoyable game to watch. We're playing like a unit with no-one to pick out as good, bad or sublimely ridiculous. All played their roles and played them well. Composure on the ball, nice little pass and moves and my biggest one, pressing them at 25 yards from their goal line.

I thought I saw a slight difference against better opposition. Against Birmingham we seemed to play a 4-4-2 defending and a 3-4-3 going forward. This evening it looked like a 5-4-1 defending but the same 3-4-3 liquidity in attack.

I like that we are back in blue shorts again, as it should be, and like the home kit slightly better than last season, although I yearn for the three stripes again.

All in all, very pleasurable, and I would have said that win, lose or draw.

MoM, tricky, so Burnsy first half, Duffers second.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep. Too early to make judgements. Alien style for most of us.. really need to see more of what we intend to do in the final third. As I recall there was very little movement inside the penalty area .we need to see players making space for through balls. Not many shots on target as I recall

I was just enjoying the novelty of seeing us in the opposition half with the ball. All very strange, might take some getting used to.

Seagulls 2 Bats 1

Remember to try and avoid collisions.

Screenshot_20190802-205345.png

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Nice.

For those who watched the whole match, what did you think?

Good, positive vibes from me. A sharper look, more positive body language from the players who looked like they were enjoying themselves. Burn looks a good 'un, and with set pieces with Burn, Duffy & Dunk in the box, Trossard or Gross pin pointing a cross it could be the route to a good few goals this season.

Yes, I like the look of this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

same applied to Valencia.....but I’ll take that if the result is repeated in a league game

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Even with 3 at the back we looked organised and comfortable when defending, centre halves travelling with the ball into space and lots of options up the pitch. All very encouraging and players look to be playing with more expression and freedom.

The shackles are well and truly off and it makes it exciting watching us again

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hopefully once the big shop is complete movement in the area should improve.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Good all round performance. If we think that was a press from Valencia, wait til we get to next Saturday with Watford. The atmosphere is gonna be electric so let’s hope we can control the tempo.

Trossard looked good. We need another forward/inside forward on the other side and we’re in business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here