Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Vaccine-status Certifications" may be required to attend sporting events

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We already have ID cards, they're called mobile phones.

They say where we are, where we've been, and what we've done.
Our phones are linked to information bases that know more about each of us than we know ourselves.

I know it makes me a bad citizen but I can't be arsed to fight it.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I’m sure it will work fine.

The government has a great record of rolling out apps and databases for this type of thing for great value to the taxpayer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What is the point of proving you have done a negative test? Having done one now it’s really hard to tell whether you’ve done it properly but no one will know. Bet a lot won’t bother to do it properly and still get a negative test to show. Bet a lot of school kids aren’t doing it properly.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Our phones are linked to information bases that know more about each of us than we know ourselves.

This. If you live in a lead-lined cage you might just be untraceable. Big data has been growing for a generation and mobile devices are the genie outside the lamp. Railed against it at the start but now (almost) impossible to stop: CCTV, apps, social media, digital records, passports, census...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If they are in place once everybody had had the chance to receive the vaccine I don’t see the issue if it helps brining back events and crowds early as a phase 1.

At some point this will be relaxed for those that do not wish to have the vaccine for whatever reason as part of phase two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Boris is basically copying the Israeli idea which has proved very successful . Yes it’s a much smaller country and they are technologically probably slightly ahead of us but the principle is the same so it should work well here as well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Does that mean first vaccine? Also doesn’t say how you’d get one for a negative test or how that would work. Bit unfair on those who haven’t been offered vaccine yet tbh.

Surely couldn’t be applied until everyone has had the opportunity, otherwise I agree with it, although anyone who is immune-compromised and can’t have a vaccine would have to be given leeway.

D

Deleted member 22389

There must be some provision for young adults who have not yet been vaccinated. I am sure they will do so.
It seems a good idea to me. If it allows businesses and football to reopen and prevents a third wave, that has to be good.

I do not see what is wrong with an ID card anyway, although that is not what this is..
Is it not inconvenient having to provide ID at the moment? You want to collect a parcel from Royal Mail , because you were out. They ask for ID . When I was assessing loan and mortgage applications we spent hours checking ID submissions. All that could be eliminated with one single card .
Others may be more suspicious of Government but I see no harm in it

Wasn't going to post until I saw your bit about loan and mortgage applications and sort of get the problems you must face. Mum has been in this country 50+ years and is currently selling her house.

Trying to verify my mums identity with the solicitors has been a right joke. Because of a screw up on her Italian passport where they forgot to add her married name to page 4, it's created new problems. Her expired passport shows this, but the solicitors will not accept it, even though absolutely everything else is in her married name.

If she had an ID card this issue would have been solved weeks ago. I would be happy to have an ID card.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It will be ok for bands like Genesis where all their fans are in the 80's anyway. Be like an evening at an old folks home when they tour later this year. The only problem the stewards will have will be picking up all the false teeth after the gig!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
True but compared to the mainly rubbish music that has been made over the last 20 years , I’d rather see old Phil and the band at least they have talent . Very few today have much !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

But you're not denied service if you don't have a mobile and also they don't tend to hold your medical data.

The idea that I've got to show albiet a small part of my medical history just to get a service is fundamentally wrong. It's vaccination enforcement by the back door. It has always been the case in this country that medicine has not been enforced .... this changes that principle.

I've had the jab and have my second booked but the persons business that is is mine and my GP's.

As others have said, ethics aside, this has disaster and the award of contracts to friends written all over it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

but that's got nothing to do with restricting access to events.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This. If you live in a lead-lined cage you might just be untraceable. Big data has been growing for a generation and mobile devices are the genie outside the lamp. Railed against it at the start but now (almost) impossible to stop: CCTV, apps, social media, digital records, passports, census...

I like to think of Mobile Phones as the ‘Trojan Horse’, personally I have nothing to hide so am not troubled by the state keeping an eye on me, especially knowing that plenty of people in this country do...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don’t quite see the point. By the time it’s in place, it’s use will be negligible. A huge outlay for something unlikely to be worth using for more than 2-3 months.

As I understand it, vaccination is going to be an annual thing with the flu jab, as mutations occur.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I understand it, vaccination is going to be an annual thing with the flu jab, as mutations occur.

That's a huge ask for the whole country. We've done really well on vaccinations but we're still only about halfway through the first set. I'd expect the annual one to be targeted at the vulnerable, like the flu one is.

However much value you think there might be in the idea of a vaccine passport in principle, it's never going to work in practice.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But you're not denied service if you don't have a mobile and also they don't tend to hold your medical data.

The idea that I've got to show albiet a small part of my medical history just to get a service is fundamentally wrong. It's vaccination enforcement by the back door. It has always been the case in this country that medicine has not been enforced .... this changes that principle.

I've had the jab and have my second booked but the persons business that is is mine and my GP's.

As others have said, ethics aside, this has disaster and the award of contracts to friends written all over it.
Things aren't necessarily just between you and your GP. Covid-19 is now a notifiable disease -
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notifia...sms-how-to-report#list-of-notifiable-diseases
........and has to be reported by law, including your personal details -
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notifia...s-cov-2-test-results-to-public-health-england

Anyway, I quite like the idea of anti-vaxxers and Covid deniers and free thinking libertarians who think that wearing masks and following Covid rules doesn't apply to them being told, no, you can't come in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

For the over 50s/vulnerable, yes. Probably not everyone, from what I’ve read.

My point is we are going to hit some level of relative herd immunity soon, as Israel appear to be doing now. So we’ll be spending out a huge amount of money for something I’m not sure will be used for that long, when practically no one has the virus. Just not convinced it’s worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here