Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Vaccine-status Certifications" may be required to attend sporting events

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I'd have said the same thing myself had I not just read and responded to post #209 on this very thread :lolol:

Hold on a minute.
Post 209 is my one.
I thought you responded with"Christ on a bike" because you were shocked at Blair being involved with government policy making not because my post was ridiculous lol.
I'm guessing the 2 that thumbed your response thought me ridiculous too?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hold on a minute.
Post 209 is my one.
I thought you responded with"Christ on a bike" because you were shocked at Blair being involved with government policy making not because my post was ridiculous lol.
I'm guessing the 2 that thumbed your response thought me ridiculous too?

Maybe you'd be better off just stopping?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
All too easy to gang up on someone. Not everything is a ‘Bill Gates is committing genocide through vaccines’ conspiracy.

It’s widely known that Blair has been advising the government through Covid of late: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/covid-gives-tony-blair-a-shot-at-comeback-g6srxtlbn & https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....y-is-tony-blair-driving-government-policy/amp

Check out Blair’s institute for global change website. It’s practically nothing but covid/vaccine related at the moment. It’s clear he/the studies his institute is funding has an ongoing influence - and hardly surprising he has the political access he does. Gove being his spokesperson a tad strong, mind.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
All too easy to gang up on someone. Not everything is a ‘Bill Gates is committing genocide through vaccines’ conspiracy.

It’s widely known that Blair has been advising the government through Covid of late: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/covid-gives-tony-blair-a-shot-at-comeback-g6srxtlbn & https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....y-is-tony-blair-driving-government-policy/amp

Check out Blair’s institute for global change website. It’s practically nothing but covid/vaccine related at the moment. It’s clear he/the studies his institute is funding has an ongoing influence - and hardly surprising he has the political access he does. Gove being his spokesperson a tad strong, mind.

Blair was also the first one to say that we shouldn't follow-up the first jab with a second three weeks later, but should get as many people first-jabbed as possible to bring the death and hospitalisation rates down as quickly as possible. Ridiculed when he said it. Within weeks it was government policy.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Kids, teachers and students. That's quite a sizeable number. Frontline workers are all vaccinated so that brings the numbers up,
Believe me listening to the playground grapevine there is a sizable number of students, teachers and assistants not bothering to test.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

A tad strong?

He claimed MERS and SARS had been eradicated and that this was ALL Blair and that Gove is merely a spokesman. FFS. :shootself: :wrong:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The internet is awash with such conspiracies and they find a willing audience. The effect is to undermine societal cohesion and, in this case, belief in the vaccination programme. If I ran this website I would remove such posts and users whenever they appear.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was me - about the risk level of COVID. I’m only repeating the words of the government s chief spokesman. Chris Whitty at a press conference. It’s vey sad when anyone dies. However, you cannot reasonably expect everyone to take an injection which has not finished its phase three trials if they regard the risks of taking it to be greater than the benefits. I’d like you to tell the families of otherwise fit under 50 year olds who have died as a result of blood clots after receiving the Pfizer vaccine for example.

It’s the Astra Zeneca vaccine where 7 people have had a blood clot, out of 18,000,000 vaccinated. It’s possible those 7 people would have had a blood clot anyway. It is being monitored.
More women have had blood clots from the contraceptive pill, but nobody is advocating banning that. That’s also monitored.

Life is a risk, and nobody is getting out of it alive.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The internet is awash with such conspiracies and they find a willing audience. The effect is to undermine societal cohesion and, in this case, belief in the vaccination programme. If I ran this website I would remove such posts and users whenever they appear.

It doesn't surprise me that people put these sort of conspiracies on the internet. People have been bullshitting for money or attention for as long as people could talk.

What surprises me in the astonishing level of stupidity, you would need to A) believe guff like this and B) be willing to throw away your chance at ever having credibility by recycling it on a public forum.

Unbelievable. It would only take 30 seconds of research to show that actually what you're reading is utter crap. They choose not to do it? I'll never understand

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s the Astra Zeneca vaccine where 7 people have had a blood clot, out of 18,000,000 vaccinated. It’s possible those 7 people would have had a blood clot anyway. It is being monitored.
More women have had blood clots from the contraceptive pill, but nobody is advocating banning that. That’s also monitored.

It is also possible that the poor souls had covid at the time of vaccination, which increases the risk of blood clots or perhaps even previous exposure could be a factor.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
tony Blair is advising the government on vaccine policy and has been pushing the concept of global vaccine passport to all the world's media for some time now and is aiming to use the UK's status in the G7 to lead the way.
So the government had previously said no to vaccine passports but since Blair has been advising them they now say yes.
Blair's influence on this government regarding covid policy making is very large at the moment as it is with other governments too.
Yes apologies my wording was not accurate regarding mers and SARS, indeed they are still around but they didn't reach pandemic levels thank goodness.

Well if there's one thing the Tories are always prepared to do without question it's whatever Tony Blair tells them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

They are rare blood clots on the brain linked to low levels of blood platelet cells.

We wait to see if it is at a higher than normal occurence after the AZ vaccine - I suspect it is. It may be due to a combination of factors though.

What is undeniable is that the chance of dying from covid-19 if not vaccinated is way higher than dying from having the AZ vaccine.

And that if you had the AZ jab over 2 weeks ago you are out of the timeframe for concern.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton

Yes apologies, Astra Zeneca, but my point still stands. I agree, life is a risk. So with COVID it’s a balance of risk between taking an injection which has not finished its trials and the risks of getting the disease. For the younger groups especially for women of child bearing age a convincing case can be made that the risks may outweigh the benefits.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
tony Blair is advising the government on vaccine policy and has been pushing the concept of global vaccine passport to all the world's media for some time now and is aiming to use the UK's status in the G7 to lead the way.
So the government had previously said no to vaccine passports but since Blair has been advising them they now say yes.
Blair's influence on this government regarding covid policy making is very large at the moment as it is with other governments too.
Yes apologies my wording was not accurate regarding mers and SARS, indeed they are still around but they didn't reach pandemic levels thank goodness.

Not exactly what the BBC site says

Former prime minister Tony Blair - who has made a string of coronavirus proposals through his think tank - said the usefulness of vaccine passports would depend on circumstances.

In travel, he said, they would become inevitable as other countries introduce them and so the government should put in a system now to be ready for this.

Speaking via video link at an Institute for Government event, he said he did not think it would be "unreasonable" for care homes and healthcare organisations to demand staff are vaccinated, but did not envisage vaccination becoming compulsory in other areas.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Vaccine records (2 jabs only) go live on your NHS app from Monday.

The problem I have is the ‘either/or’ question.
At pubs or restaurants, will it be a choice of using the NHS app (or paper certificate or evidence of test) or still having to social distance with masks worn when not eating or drinking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here