Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

V Festival 2013

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That is a horrible, horrible line up. I wouldn't go to that if it was a free festival!

I wouldn't go if it was a free festival on my doorstep and somebody phoned me to request that I leave my flat and piss on the face of the musician of my choice.

............ and it might clash with The Wedding Present

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
My sister goes to this kind of shit and she's an accountant

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
V Fest is festival-lite for townie women and moronic builder types, what do you expect ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Lots of festival snobs on this thread. People have different tastes in music to your own, get over it.

Force-fed through awful bland music talent shows and the like. Surely no-one can have watched the Brits and not found it toe-curlingly terrible - unfortunately the status quo stifles real talent. There are loads of amazing bands out there, from every genre, but very few of them get the exposure they deserve for the sole reason they do not fit the formulaic corporate music industry idea of artists that have mass-market appeal and will therefore make the Simon Cowells of this world a sh*t load of dosh. V-Festival panders to this kind of crap.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Lots of festival snobs on this thread. People have different tastes in music to your own, get over it.

The 'people' you refer to are force-fed the formulaic, predictable rubbish on Radio 1 and know no different. Not their fault, I know.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Force-fed through awful bland music talent shows and the like. Surely no-one can have watched the Brits and not found it toe-curlingly terrible - unfortunately the status quo stifles real talent. There are loads of amazing bands out there, from every genre, but very few of them get the exposure they deserve for the sole reason they do not fit the formulaic corporate music industry idea of artists that have mass-market appeal and will therefore make the Simon Cowells of this world a sh*t load of dosh. V-Festival panders to this kind of crap.

Well said. People often complain that there is no good music around but there always is- you just have to look for it. Unfortunately with the likes of Heart FM and The X factor it has become far too easy for people to become lazy in their listening habits. Just look at the number of live bands playing in and around Brighton over the next couple of months and there is so much good stuff. Great Escape is a prime example of a decent festival that supports new music.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
The only festival worth going to now is Download, you'll never kill rock and metal (thank the lord) punk::rock:

DL-poster-rich.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here