Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
James, Maverick Sabre and possibly Rudimental would be good to see. But the rest can quite literally go f*** themselves.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The year I went Art Brut were playing on one of the smaller stages. They were pretty good and funny with it. Young Knives played before them and then Go team I think. Not bad but mainly there for Radiohead who followed Beck.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I went to the Radiohead/ Morrissey one a few years back and it was a really bad festival. My main gripe was just how un-festivally it was. No effort made with the site, just a few bands playing in a bland field. The food was awful as well. I don't know how they get away with charging £180 for 2 days, compared to something like Bestival it's just a joke.

Though anyone that thinks Beyonce will be anything other than brilliant needs their head checking, she's a born entertainer with a back catalogue (including the Destiny's child stuff) to die for.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
When V started it had some great line ups. The first years had Pulp, Weller, Charlatans, Prodigy, Foo Fighters, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers and a great supporting cast. Todays festival is a very bad joke imitation of what was a decent festival.

The last one I went to in 2007 I swor would be my last due to the general demographic of Essex twat and moody security. Horrible place. And I get free hospitality so it must be bad to turn down.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
i dont like it but each to their own taste. V festival is like this every year that is why i do not go there.

Jimmy Grimble

Shouldn't even be classified as a festival.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Painfully safe. I went to a fantastic V fest a few years back now:
2006 it was.

Radiohead
Mew
Editors
The Cooper Temple Clause
Bloc Party
Beck
Biffy Clyro
Bell X1

Great for my taste at the time anyway.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I went for several years running, including the Radiohead year.

For the first few years, it was fine. Kind of an "easy" festival with less of the crime, and plenty of toilets.

Though then I went to Glastonbury, and saw the error of my ways.

Last time I went was 2010, and it had become far too commercial. Plus the audience is really just a lot of piss heads with very little interest in music. British Sea Power were good though :)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Used to be a very passable Glastonbury lite but is a pop festival now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here