Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
MoTM. Best bit, lest anyone forget, was when he kicked the ball up in the air from under the Blackburn forwards's nose, was barged over, jumped up and beat the bloke to the ball again for the clearing header. Defensive magic.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I think he's better position ally than Dunk or Duffy. They tend to retreat a bit (see Preston and Newcastle at home) but he doesn't and reads the game so well.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
uwe has been a great signing...did very well

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brighton use statistics for their set pieces, it's not just 'whoever grabs the ball first'. Hughton had a reason for dunk to take these.
Yeah, Dunk had never missed one before today.

But obviously it wasn't Dunk stupidly deciding to take them, it was Chris's decision.

Dunk misses out on MoM for stupidly deciding to take two long range free kicks, one in each half, which he fired straight down the goalie's throat. Why would he suddenly be on free kick duty?? "I'm captain so I'm taking the kick" seemed to be the reason. Wrong ... twice.
:facepalm:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He has continued from where he left off. He deosn't have a problem getting stuck in with his head and is a bit of a hero in that respect.

To go up with Dunk, Duffy, Uwe and hopefully Goldson we are pretty solid in that department for a generation.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Post match he was quite impressive too

IMG_0023.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He was brilliant today. Thought Stephens was mom though, superb game from him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was brilliant today. Thought Stephens was mom though, superb game from him

Really? I was disappointed with Stephens today, didn't think that he or Kayal were anything like their normal levels.

Not sure he won one 50/50, passing was a bit average as well.

Uwe on the other hand was magnificent.

All opinions [emoji2]

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Really? I was disappointed with Stephens today, didn't think that he or Kayal were anything like their normal levels.

All opinions [emoji2]

I thought he was brilliant today. Although it's funny, I sat in the West for the first time ever instead of my usual seat in the North. Amazing what a different perspective you get when watching from the side instead of the end, it makes you appreciate what the midfield are doing a lot more.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

All opinions [emoji2]

He didn't win a 50/50?

He put in countless challenges, won the ball back for us a number of times and covered quite a few mistakes in nervy periods.

Our two CBs stole the show but Stephens and Murray weren't far behind.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought he was brilliant today. Although it's funny, I sat in the West for the first time ever instead of my usual seat in the North. Amazing what a different perspective you get when watching from the side instead of the end, it makes you appreciate what the midfield are doing a lot more.

Sure. Some of my rationale is that we normally switch play through him really quickly and incisively, but it all felt a bit ponderous.

Did you enjoy the West?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here