Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was the unknown club from the provinces that made me chuckle. On Paderborns forum haha
You mean the team who last season were in the top division, and I'd heard of, (just the name nothing more than that) even though I don't like football.

The Albion is a nothing club, with an average history, there is absolutely no reason why anyone from Germany should have ever heard of BHA.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah the team who had a season in the top flight, who most people other than major fans, or residents wouldnt have heard of before, and will quickly forget.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah the team who had a season in the top flight, who most people other than major fans, or residents wouldnt have heard of before, and will quickly forget.
That is all true, but still currently puts them ahead of the game when compared with a team that has trawled around the bottom 2 divisions for over 100 years.
A team that has had occasional forays into the 2nd division and a brief spell in top flight football, nearly 3 generations ago.

Viewing the Albion as anything other than a second division provincial team that few people have heard of is delusional.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Just so I'm clear then - would you actually have been happier if we'd NOT signed a new centreback today ?

No that's not what I have said I am happy we have signed a centre back but as competition for dunk not a replacement

Hope that clears that up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Usually like your posts SB but you're becoming noticably controversial recently - seems odd!

Because in the whole scheme of global football, that's exactly what we are.

Obviously not to us, and a few clubs fans we share grudges with, but that's about it.
We're not even The Big Dog of the second division.

I don't see why an equally nothing club shouldn't look down their noses at us, esp one that's still in it's top flight after glow.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
.Viewing the Albion as anything other than a second division provincial team that few people have heard of is delusional.

True, if depressing.

I spend a fair amount of time explaining who BHA are to American sports fans who are pretty generally knowledgeable -- although not footie fans.
Uncoached they can usually name 16-20 English sides. Sometimes for strange reasons -- mentions in film, e.g. However, Brighton is not one of them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
That is all true, but still currently puts them ahead of the game when compared with a team that has trawled around the bottom 2 divisions for over 100 years.
A team that has had occasional forays into the 2nd division and a brief spell in top flight football, nearly 3 generations ago.

Viewing the Albion as anything other than a second division provincial team that few people have heard of is delusional.
Agreed SB we are a nothing club but people on NSC would have us as the most well known club in Britain. Out of The Championship I expect the Germans know about Forest, Leeds, and a a a a a a a well that's about it really!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So no Dunk at Southend, as hope this bloke passes is medical!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
True, if depressing.

I spend a fair amount of time explaining who BHA are to American sports fans who are pretty generally knowledgeable -- although not footie fans.
Uncoached they can usually name 16-20 English sides. Sometimes for strange reasons -- mentions in film, e.g. However, Brighton is not one of them.

We've been mentioned by Chuck Norris in a film! Surely everyone's heard of us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Because in the whole scheme of global football, that's exactly what we are.

Obviously not to us, and a few clubs fans we share grudges with, but that's about it.
We're not even The Big Dog of the second division.

I don't see why an equally nothing club shouldn't look down their noses at us, esp one that's still in it's top flight after glow.

Yes in global football terms maybe... But in England is where it really counts for most of us. (I don't know any German 2nd dig clubs but I wouldn't be ignorant enough to call them 'nothing clubs' because they don't feature on Sky Sports every week!) You could say 99.9% of football ins are 'nothing clubs' by your logic. I'm not saying The Germans would be all heard of us but surely there's a better turn of phrase than 'nothing club'?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've been mentioned by Chuck Norris in a film! Surely everyone's heard of us.

Wow, speech-feckin-less, wow.

How has this past me by...

...wow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes in global football terms maybe... But in England is where it really counts for mossy of us. You could say 99.9% of football ins are 'nothing clubs' by your logic. I'm not saying The Germans would be all heard of us but surely there's a better turn of phrase than 'nothing club'?!

Fair enough, maybe there is.
But in the context of the points being made from the arse end of nowhere Germany, we are one of those 99.9%.

It's not as if the Albion even have a history of German footballers.
It's fairly safe to say we have presence in the knowledgeable parts of Spain, but not Germany.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair enough, maybe there is.
But in the context of the points being made from the arse end of nowhere Germany, we are one of those 99.9%.

It's not as if the Albion even have a history of German footballers.
It's fairly safe to say we have presence in the knowledgeable parts of Spain, but not Germany.

Yes mate wasn't disagreeing with that :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here