Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Use TV billions to cut ticket prices'

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
German football fears it will have to pay higher ticket prices and higher TV prices. Bayern Munich fans unveiled a banner "This ain't no Premier League - No to the English model", ironically before their side swept aside Hamburg 8-0.

But all German clubs (except one, I believe) owned by their fans, or at least, they have a majority shareholding. They have a lot of clout that English fans don't have

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
But your just asking for money from the PL to subsidise central or local government funding for new facilties, where is the win for the PL teams.

I am happy to fleece PL money as much as the next person but unless it represents some goodwill or other then why would they give away their money.
the win is that we produce english players which means more money stays in this country and the home nations might start to win somthing !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is where some of the money should go , help the fans for once , prove that the PL teams are not greedy and appreciate the fans !

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/art...ree-away-travel-offer-for-201415-1772960.aspx

Are you looking Mr Barber ???

I do think that is a brilliant idea by their club and can only nurture good feeling as well as getting some of the younger fans who struggle financial to away games.
I bet there is a 'No alcohol' policy on board though, so I wish them all the best and although I'd like to see it introduced at our club..............I have to say personally, I'm out.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
But all German clubs (except one, I believe) owned by their fans, or at least, they have a majority shareholding. They have a lot of clout that English fans don't have

Bundesliga clubs Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are owned by corporations. Lower down there are others but generally, there's much to be admired by German model .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The increase in the value of the TV deal is enough to allow ALL football in the UK to include FREE admission to every spectator - and still leave MORE money in the pot than the Premier League already has from this season's deal.
This is a staggering statistic.

There is no possible justification for football not using this new money to recalibrate the extortionate current price of tickets. Not completely free, of course, but major reductions and come into line with ticket prices in the German leagues.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
What an odd remark. What is it to do with the Premier League?

I know you're just using the opportunity to have a go at Barber but do you really think that TB should subsidise us by pouring even more money into the club? We live in the real world of supply & demand; I think it's called capitalism.

I am not having a go at Barber or TB and I would never have a go at TB , it was more tongue in cheek with Brighton doing it . With regards to the Premier teams , why not introduce it ? I know most away tickets are sold anyway but really how much does a coach and driver with fuel cost for a day with their clout ? not a lot in the context of things and would bring the relationship back of fans and not customers . This will be extra money they will be receiving not what they receive at the moment , perhaps they should give it to the players and agents then and ruin our game even more .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here