Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tough to imagine Mike Ashley doing this:-

[tweet]1540363274910171137[/tweet]

Then again he doesn't have too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All kinds of repercussions.

Abortion legal in some states, but illegal in others?

Expect abortion holidays, abortion inflation, abortion insurance inflation, abortion available only to those who can afford the holiday and the medical fees.

A doctor has been advising women to delete their data on their menstrual cycles, so it can’t be examined for evidence, if anyone goes interstate.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
If you read the book Freakeconomics the author shows the link in the reduction in crime in New York is directly linked to the allowance of abortion. Abortion was always available to the rich and middle class but not the poor, who ended up having unwanted kids who ended up bought up in poverty and led to more crime. The drop in crime dropped approximately 18-20 years after wade vs roe

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Tough to imagine Mike Ashley doing this:-

[tweet]1540363274910171137[/tweet]

Then again he doesn't have too.

Dicks Sporting Goods are one of the good guys. They were also one of the first stores to ban the sale of assault rifles in their stores and subsequently ban the sale of guns at their stores when they felt that not enough was being done by the Government

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What an utter cesspit America has become. It was always on a slippery slope and just when you think that they can't get any worse, they allow this.
My American friends are disgusted by this, and they tell me that everyone they know is, too, yet still they allow it to happen.
**** the lot of them.

This was all utterly predictable in 2016 at the point when Trump was elected. There's a silly little boy that likes to post in the Biden thread, complaining about everything he does. That silly little boy voted for Trump in 2016, and thought it was funny, as in "I'm voting for Trump, lol"

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Some of my Democratic American friends are saying that a backlash has started against the Bernie Sanders supporters who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hilary so abstained, and so left the field open for Trump to seize power and basically bring about the recent overturning of the concealed weapons and abortion rulings by his Supreme Court appointees

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of my Democratic American friends are saying that a backlash has started against the Bernie Sanders supporters who couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hilary so abstained, and so left the field open for Trump to seize power and basically bring about the recent overturning of the concealed weapons and abortion rulings by his Supreme Court appointees

Hmmmm, from all the way over here I don't see it quite so black and white.

After all they did present Donny with the only candidate he was capable of beating - with or without Bernie's votes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This was all utterly predictable in 2016 at the point when Trump was elected. There's a silly little boy that likes to post in the Biden thread, complaining about everything he does. That silly little boy voted for Trump in 2016, and thought it was funny, as in "I'm voting for Trump, lol"

Yep. I kept half an eye on the excellent liberal judges, notably the incredible human being Ruth Ginsburg. It was highly likely that Trump/the Alt Right/weirdos were going to get lucky and they did.

I wonder if it’s the worst political system amongst ‘democracies’? The Electoral College is set in stone, giving undue weight to half a dozen swing states. The all important politicised Supreme Court can set a biased tone for literally decades. Stringent voter ID checks brought in and registration red tape in some southern states have created hurdles for millions of the poor and blacks. All deliberate, the demographic change with the rise of black and Hispanic numbers, frightens the Right. A 50% GOP Senate (elected by the aforementioned manipulations) can spend literally 2 or 4 years blocking every non-routine bill from an Executive and they do. The House committees have in the last 20 years become silly grandstanding events, with Congressmen bullying witnesses purely on party political grounds. Far right **** Jim Jordan the worst example.

Other western democracies, to my limited knowledge, allow for clean sweeps at a GE, which we do see.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

maybe rather than infighting over elections past, they can look forward to serious candidates and policy for the future. this could have been settled with legislation instead of relying on a court precedent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It hardly matters. Many states have made it near impossible to get an abortion for decades. Elsewhere nothing will change. Disney have put up to support their workers to cross states if the need arises. Disney. Just watched a fat barren virgin whooping tears of jubilation on the news. Smell that Jesusy freedom, sister :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The worry is how long it’ll be before the headbangers over here start getting ideas. Jacob Rees-Mogg would be all in favour of this, and he’s already in government.

No traction here. Christian fundamentalism is down there with homeopathy, scientology and Jihad.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
There's a fukken load of cranks over the pond. Kindred spirits with the mentalists in the middle east.

A terrible regressive step which looks like it might not be in isolation.

Europe is lovely place.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Listening to a so-called pro-life advocate on The World Tonight. She's obviously delighted and has proclaimed today a victory for life and for God. If ever there was an argument for abortion, it's this waste of food and daily maintenance.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Gay marriage rights and right to access contraception up for revoking by the Supreme Court in August. I mean, wow. Some giant steps backwards.
Expect riots.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The Supreme Court should never have ruled on Roe v Wade anyway. If it is necessary that there should be one abortion law that covers all the country, then it's up to Congress to make that law. They haven't done.

The law banning partial birth abortion, where living foetuses or babies (depending on point of view) are allowed to be born naturally until their heads are out and then they can be killed, was brought in by Congress in that way in 2007. That won't be overturned in the same way as Roe v Wade because their is a law made by the democratically elected politicians to back it up.

Remember that the anti-abortion lobby genuinely do believe that a woman who is pregnant is actually carrying a baby. The pro-abortion lobby either do not believe it's a baby, or else they do believe it's a baby but its life is forfeit at the mother's discretion. It's a fundamental point of principle on both sides and there can't really be a compromise.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Redneck Stone Age sexist nonsense.

How can you argue Pro-life / Anti-abortion AND Pro-Death Penalty?!?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Redneck Stone Age sexist nonsense.

How can you argue Pro-life / Anti-abortion AND Pro-Death Penalty?!?

Because (at risk of stating the bleeding obvious) it's perfectly possible to believe that murderers should die while still believing that it's wrong to kill babies.

The fundamental question in abortion rights is NOT whether it's OK to kill babies, because no-one believes that it is. The question is whether the unborn entity really is a baby, or whether it's something else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here