Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US police - still not learning

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You are correct. The US constitution could be changed. Do you know the hoops to be jumped through to get the constitution changed (and rightly so)? I'm not in any way an advocate for gun protection laws as are too many Americans.

polls_heston_3350_24403_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

You've paid money to see Charlton Heston films, correct?
Maybe you shouldn't? He was president of the NRA (National Rifle Association) for a period.

You know about the NRA too. You get to the US much?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The Spanish is right. It's not about this at all. It's about changing the culture surrounding guns in the USA. Their laws are not fundamentally different from many gun laws in the western world.

its more fun to let everyone know that you know there is a constitutional amendment about the right to bear arms though and all that. its frustrating to try to debate the cultural aspects of this and the logistical dificulties of implementing any meaningful gun control, when people just grab the debate and go woo woo i know about the US constitition.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Bit surprised at the crap reporting of the BBC on this,why not show the whole video where the teenagers can be seen running off when told to remain where they are and remaining where they are when told to leave the scene,including the girl in the bikini who was told twice to leave the area.

rough justice yes......but dont act like a dick and you wont be manhandled like that.
Ive seen much more forceful detention by british police on some of those British police shows.......nothing to see here!
nah mate, I've seen the whole video, doesn't change my opinion one bit , that copper was a power hungry tosspot who MADE a situation where there wasn't one , with KIDS, he is a bell end who doesn't deserve , or to be frank , is unsafe to have authority over people.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not well read, sensible people like the British who voted for Nigel Farage eh ?
Spot on........ sod 'em , thick , ignorant people who aren't as clever as you,who may not have had the breaks you have , and not intelligent enough to articulate their fears and concerns in a manner which suits your myopic view of the world in which everybody is lucky enough to take advantage of opportunities offered to them, they should consider themselves LUCKY to live in an area where immigration has affected their lives to an extent where it has an impact on housing, health , education and social cohesion, why they are positively LUCKY to have their lives enriched in this way, I'm sure you would have grasped these opportunities for cultural enrichment had you had the mis, sorry, good fortune to grow up in an area of large scale immigration, or perhaps you wouldn't , and are speaking from the standpoint of a smug, self satisfied w anker who has reached the top of the greasy pole that was far easier to climb than the one that is available in , say Burnley or tower hamlets........... :tosser:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Spanish is right. It's not about this at all. It's about changing the culture surrounding guns in the USA. Their laws are not fundamentally different from many gun laws in the western world.

while there's certainly a cultral aspect, we cant honestly say the laws are anything like the rest of the western world. many (majority?) states dont require permits to buy guns, most dont require registration for rifles and handguns, some allow open carry or concealed carry. i dont think this like anywhere in Europe. those laws, and the culture, stem from that constitutional right, the default is gun ownership and that right has to be restricted state by state, law by law.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
nah mate, I've seen the whole video, doesn't change my opinion one bit , that copper was a power hungry tosspot who MADE a situation where there wasn't one , with KIDS, he is a bell end who doesn't deserve , or to be frank , is unsafe to have authority over people.

The problem is possibly that he doesn't have authority over people and the only way he can get his point across is by waving his gun at them and pushing them around.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The AP are reporting the officer who wrestled the girl to the ground has resigned.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
broadway or west end?

Working with homicide detectives in the Chicago City Hall auxillary offices on Clark St, Randolph, Washington and LaSalle. I spent the day looking through case files on computer. I'm not permitted to discuss the case currently under investigation. I'm also working with a criminologist from Interpol, the state of Illinois special investigative unit, Cook County special investigations and special detectives from CPD. I've also spent a lot of time with special FBI agents. There are other agencies that I can't mention.I have spent a lot of time at the CPD Control Detention Unit in auxillary offices between 18th and 17th on State Street.

I'm currently staying on the 15th floor of the Essex Inn on Michigan Ave near 8th St with a door near Wabash Ave. That makes it a 3 1/2 block walk to where the Loop trains come into the Loop where I can catch a train to many parts of the city. Although I usually just walk to the City Hall offices which makes it approximately an 11 1/2 block walk.

In about a week they will be moving me to Uni apartments on Peoria St between Jackson and Van Buren in a building called Tailor Lofts, I believe. I've only seen the outside of it. They are giving me a building managers apartment (flat). At the end of the semester they may move me to a building owned by the University of Illinois-Chicago somewhere on their campus south and west of the Loop.

When not working or goofing off I've spent my time in a cop bar, sport bar and a few English pubs spread out over the city. My actual favourite is an Irish pub in Uptown called O'Shaughnessy's Public House on N.Ravenswood Ave. It's right next to the Brown & Blue lines but I must walk 3 1/2 blocks back from the Ravenswood Station at Lawrence or 2 blocks from the Montrose Brown line station. But since the Blue line on Dearborn is closer to City Hall it's shorter walks to take the Blue Line.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Spot on........ sod 'em , thick , ignorant people who aren't as clever as you,who may not have had the breaks you have , and not intelligent enough to articulate their fears and concerns in a manner which suits your myopic view of the world in which everybody is lucky enough to take advantage of opportunities offered to them, they should consider themselves LUCKY to live in an area where immigration has affected their lives to an extent where it has an impact on housing, health , education and social cohesion, why they are positively LUCKY to have their lives enriched in this way, I'm sure you would have grasped these opportunities for cultural enrichment had you had the mis, sorry, good fortune to grow up in an area of large scale immigration, or perhaps you wouldn't , and are speaking from the standpoint of a smug, self satisfied w anker who has reached the top of the greasy pole that was far easier to climb than the one that is available in , say Burnley or tower hamlets........... :tosser:

Hope these little rants help :thumbsup:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The idiot cop's boss didnt see it the same as some here do.

'"Our policies, our training, our practice, do not support his actions. He came into the call out of control and as the video shows, was out of control during the incident.
"I had 12 officers on the scene and 11 of them performed according to their training. They did an excellent job."

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Im guessing a disabling shot to the victims legs in this case was impossible, as the office was almost 6ft away. Another dead young man.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Working with homicide detectives in the Chicago City Hall auxillary offices on Clark St, Randolph, Washington and LaSalle. I spent the day looking through case files on computer. I'm not permitted to discuss the case currently under investigation. I'm also working with a criminologist from Interpol, the state of Illinois special investigative unit, Cook County special investigations and special detectives from CPD. I've also spent a lot of time with special FBI agents. There are other agencies that I can't mention.I have spent a lot of time at the CPD Control Detention Unit in auxillary offices between 18th and 17th on State Street.

I'm currently staying on the 15th floor of the Essex Inn on Michigan Ave near 8th St with a door near Wabash Ave. That makes it a 3 1/2 block walk to where the Loop trains come into the Loop where I can catch a train to many parts of the city. Although I usually just walk to the City Hall offices which makes it approximately an 11 1/2 block walk.

In about a week they will be moving me to Uni apartments on Peoria St between Jackson and Van Buren in a building called Tailor Lofts, I believe. I've only seen the outside of it. They are giving me a building managers apartment (flat). At the end of the semester they may move me to a building owned by the University of Illinois-Chicago somewhere on their campus south and west of the Loop.

When not working or goofing off I've spent my time in a cop bar, sport bar and a few English pubs spread out over the city. My actual favourite is an Irish pub in Uptown called O'Shaughnessy's Public House on N.Ravenswood Ave. It's right next to the Brown & Blue lines but I must walk 3 1/2 blocks back from the Ravenswood Station at Lawrence or 2 blocks from the Montrose Brown line station. But since the Blue line on Dearborn is closer to City Hall it's shorter walks to take the Blue Line.

Psst! It was a joke about the stage musical 'Chicago'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here