US election (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
agree ,so is radical Christianity (creationists)
recognised religious cults like Mormonism and Scientology are problems as well.

so called moderate islam is less than friendly in many cases

in conclusion religion is stupid.
No big fan of Mormons, even less so of scientologists, but I'm struggling to remember when they last beheaded people who disagreed with them.

boik

Here ya go.....

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html?m=1

Let me know if you fancy a spot of bungee jumping of the edge of the world?:cool:.

No locks on the Panama Canal???? How can you believe anything from somewhere that gets such basic facts wrong. Even allowing for the fact that such idiots must believe all satellite images are faked, that is still utterly unbelievable. Are there really such people allowed out in society?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It was interesting seeing Trump and Obama together yesterday and he seemed quite humbled by Obama’s presence. A smooth transition and open communication between them is a good thing, and who knows, Trump may even stick with Obama Care but change it to Trump Care.

That didn't take long.

Another prediction. There will be a Trump dynasty.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just say Donald turns into the next Hitler, Gas chambers should probably get renamed Trump Chambers. That way the victims will get the last laugh.

What? :lolol:

Once upon a time we used to be given news after an event and it was news, and now the news is all about people guessing what will happen and scaremongering because it didn't go their way. If you watched question time there was an American lady who was more or less proclaiming the end of the world.

If Trump is committed to the US not behaving like the world police and takes a more pragmatic approach rather than an emotional one, that sounds fair to me.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What? :lolol:

Once upon a time we used to be given news after an event and it was news, and now the news is all about people guessing what will happen and scaremongering because it didn't go their way. If you watched question time there was an American lady who was more or less proclaiming the end of the world.

If Trump is committed to the US not behaving like the world police and takes a more pragmatic approach rather than an emotional one, that sounds fair to me.

We already know what Obama said about Hilary in 2008, and how he completely changed his opinion during the election.
There is a fence (it's a wall, let's face it) between America and Mexico that Hillary voted for and publicly championed in the mid-2000s. She was chanting "Build the wall!" long before Trump supporters were, she said we must protect our borders and use 'physical barriers' if necessary.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We already know what Obama said about Hilary in 2008, and how he completely changed his opinion during the election.
There is a fence (it's a wall, let's face it) between America and Mexico that Hillary voted for and publicly championed in the mid-2000s. She was chanting "Build the wall!" long before Trump supporters were, she said we must protect our borders and use 'physical barriers' if necessary.

I didn't know that. I have seen the fence though but it just isn't complete. We live in a world where the picture is painted for us.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Obviously I'm left leaning but the level of hysteria I've been witnessing on the news over Trump's election to office is ridiculous. I understand and share some of the fears people have but Americans are always saying the U.S, a land where anyone can become President (not true), well someone just has. Christ, they got through George W Bush in power they can survive this joker.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No locks on the Panama Canal???? How can you believe anything from somewhere that gets such basic facts wrong. Even allowing for the fact that such idiots must believe all satellite images are faked, that is still utterly unbelievable. Are there really such people allowed out in society?

I have one on my friends list on FB, it really does add variety to my time line.:lolol:

I'm just waiting for one to get the easy to gather evidence of flying to the edge of the flat earth and taking pictures then I will be a true believer.:thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have one on my friends list on FB, it really does add variety to my time line.:lolol:

I'm just waiting for one to get the easy to gather evidence of flying to the edge of the flat earth and taking pictures then I will be a true believer.:thumbsup:

What would actually be "the powers that be"'s benefit in fooling us all into believing the world is round? I simply don't get why anyone would want to do such a thing!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely outrageous!

We all know a couple of lines of stewards is a much better, more humane, option........................

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Obviously I'm left leaning but the level of hysteria I've been witnessing on the news over Trump's election to office is ridiculous. I understand and share some of the fears people have but Americans are always saying the U.S, a land where anyone can become President (not true), well someone just has. Christ, they got through George W Bush in power they can survive this joker.

I was actually really concerned when Bush took over. I haven't got the same bad feeling with Trump because he is a blank canvas with no ideology. Those against Trump are playing the fear of Russia card now and they think that any alignment with them is a sign of weakness. For me I want this cold war hangover put behind us and I don't want to be told that we should fear Russia like Cameron used in his Brexit campaign. I'm sick of the crying wolf tactics used by polititians when the real enemy is lurking in the shadows.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair point. They are responsible, however, for one of the biggest massacres (excluding indigenous tribes) in the US. 147 murdered. I stumbled upon the site when on holiday a few years back.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/24/opinion/a-utah-massacre-and-mormon-memory.html
OK - but they seem to have been fairly peaceful for the last 150 or so years! And of course, if you go back far enough (about 400 years or so) Christian catholics and Christian protestants were merrily burning each other at the stake!
It's people with an agenda to kill all people with different religious beliefs to them now and in the future that I am more concerned about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports