Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US election (merged threads)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just saw the first interview with Trump and his family after winning the Election on CBS 60 minutes.

Kind of a mixed bag. For parts he seemed a bit subdued and other bits he was saying how easily he won the election. The interviewer was not exactly a Paxman but did ask some direct questions about Obamacare, Isis and prosecuting Hilary. It does seem like he is backtracking on some things he said he was going to carry out during his run up to the election. He does seem to realize that being President is a bit different to running Trump Corp.

His first appointments will give more idea about how things will go

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And here is the other half from the mid nineties..........similar eh.

Wasn't this a victory for the alternative to Neo Conservative governence? A poke in the eye for the establishment by something looking and sounding just like the establisment.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I can see why Donald didn't actually tell the truth before being elected as some of the chants would have been ruined.

"Build that fence" doesn't quite have the same ring as "build that wall"
"Don't lock her up because we owe her a debt of gratitude and she's actually a nice lady" doesn't quite match "lock her up"
and "Obama is actually a great guy and there are some parts of Obamacare which we may keep" doesn't quite flow like "Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Trump may also be having a few second thoughts on the mass deportation of illegal immigrants he talked about. To deport an immigrant, even one who has committed a crime, is a lengthy and expensive process as each immigrant is guaranteed due process by the 5th amendment, it can cost up to $10,000 per person and that would be $20 -30M on Trumps figures which would be a big ask from a budget cutting Congress. It seems more likely he will work with House Speaker Paul Ryan, who is fairly pro-immigrant, to find a path to legal status for undocumented immigrants.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Just to say i have again been reading a couple of USA forums, let's be fair, it was their election. This is an opinion from an American........

"As all of you who follow my posts know, I hold no great love for the British Empire.

However, it is in times of crisis that you learn what people are made of, and whom you can count upon.

As Europe surrenders their culture and future without a fight, taking refuge in a bureaucratic fascism as terror strikes go unpunished, and as America languished under a traitor as POTUS, all appeared to be lost. A new Dark Age was coming upon us.

Then came Brexit. The British people stood up and took their nation back. They refused to abandon their culture, society, and history. They spat in the eye of despair and took back what was theirs. It was a bright and shining movement, proof that not all had surrendered, that the lion still had sons who would stand up and be counted. It brought hope back into the world.

And today, inspired by their courage, those Americans who still remain loyal to our nation rose up and struck another blow. The USA can still call forth enough patriots to save itself.

Western Civilization may be doomed to be sold into darkness by appeasers and apologists, but today is not that day. Today we know victory, and serve a nation and a cause which will not go quietly into the night, but will instead rage against the darkness.

So as we celebrate this glorious day, we must remember our comrades across the water who stood their ground and won their own battle. "

I don't get what point you're making?

Here's something written by an American.

"Nevertheless, this plus Brexit, plus the implosion of the witch Merkel, plus the rise of Marine Le Pen, plus the new visibility of the Alt Right (thanks Hillary!), plus Angry Birds, South Park, and Pepe, gives us very good reason for hope. Things have never looked better for our cause. And as it slowly sinks in, I am savoring it. Who cares if I miss that deadline? Trump has won. So what if I’m 50 and alone? Trump has won. (Besides, I look really good.) So what if I’m talking to myself again? Trump has won. Who cares if Daniel Craig never makes another Bond movie? Trump has won.

The air smells sweeter. Birds sound tweetier. I smile at people. They look away. There’s a spring in my step. I’m full of beans. I feel pretty, oh so pretty. Happy days are here again. Hello my honey, hello my baby, hello my ragtime gal. Trump has won.

All is right with the world."

That's from a White Nationalist blog site.

Here's something else written by an American

"Literally having to defend myself to some people for blasting a Husband/Wife couple who have posted pics of Obama daughters with chimpanzee faces photoshopped onto them"

That was posted by a friend of mine on social media a few days after the election.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hillary Clinton In 2013: “I Would Like To See People Like Donald Trump Run For Office; They’re Honest And Can’t Be Bought”

"Asked to elaborate on her statement, the former Secretary of State argued that she thinks that businessmen “can’t be bought” and that they’re “very honest.” “And I think that goes especially for Donald Trump, whose successful projects and business ventures have made him synonymous with big business and, more importantly, creating thousands of jobs. I also think he understands the philanthropic and charitable side of things quite well, which is a crucial skill for any politician"

http://conservativestate.com/hillar...d-trump-run-office-theyre-honest-cant-bought/

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hillary Clinton In 2013: “I Would Like To See People Like Donald Trump Run For Office; They’re Honest And Can’t Be Bought”

"Asked to elaborate on her statement, the former Secretary of State argued that she thinks that businessmen “can’t be bought” and that they’re “very honest.” “And I think that goes especially for Donald Trump, whose successful projects and business ventures have made him synonymous with big business and, more importantly, creating thousands of jobs. I also think he understands the philanthropic and charitable side of things quite well, which is a crucial skill for any politician"

http://conservativestate.com/hillar...d-trump-run-office-theyre-honest-cant-bought/

Reports that Hillary Clinton suggested during a 2013 speech that Donald Trump run for President are fake news.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpg
I'll be pleased when Friday comes and we can get back to Football:facepalm:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I thought this was good........ could also apply to Brexit.........would be B.A.R.D. though.

T.A.R.D. Syndrome

Do you know someone suffering from Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder (TARD)?

Know the signs, spot the symptoms, save a life.

Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder is a pattern of pathologically dissociative and psychotic behavior first observed in the late hours of November 8th 2016 and increasing in severity with passing time. Sufferers of Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder often exhibit pronounced cognitive dissonance, sudden bouts of rage, uncontrollable crying, suicidal ideation and extreme butthurt.

Signs and Symptoms:
People with Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder are characterized by a persistent unwillingness to accept that Donald Trump is going to Make America Great Again. Individual sufferers often display signs of paranoia and delusion; in acute cases, psychotic episodes have been observed.
Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder is different from being upset about the results of the 2016 presidential election; people with TARD are unwilling or unable to accept reality, despite irrefutable evidence.

According to the DSM-V, individuals with TARD exhibit most or all of the following symptoms:
-Telling others they are moving to Canada
-Fixated on fantasies about the Electoral College
-Protesting an election that no credible sources contest the outcome of
-Exclamations that “Someone” should do “Something”
-Sudden weight gain
-Acute change in demeanor from pompous and arrogant to fearful and combative
-Claim that anyone who disagrees with them is some combination of racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic, and "Actually Hitler"

Causes and Mechanisms:
Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder was directly caused by the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States of America in November 2016. For many, both in America and worldwide, this was a shocking and unexpected outcome, with their preferred news sources having failed to inform them that the alternative candidate was a criminal parasite in such ill health she got chucked into the back of a van like a kidnap victim.

Research is ongoing, but TARD appears to correlate closely with the following environmental and behavioral factors:
-Membership in the Democratic party
-Identifying as a Feminist
-Currently enrolled in college, and/or
-Possession of a Liberal Arts college degree
-Cuckoldry
-Living in a densely populated metropolitan area
-Massive student debt
-Spotty or non-existent work history
-Hipsterism

Diagnosis:
The diagnosis of Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder is straightforward. Ask the patient if Donald Trump is going to be the next President of the United States of America. Some patients will become agitated, and may attempt to deflect. It is critical that you press them on the issue, even if they start babbling about ‘muh triggers’. A sufferer of TARD will begin to ramble incoherently, often displaying three or more of the symptoms within a short period of time.

Co-morbidity:
A diagnosis of Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder is highly co-morbid with Paraphilic Infantilism, Emotional Eating, Autism Spectrum, Bush Derangement Syndrome, and adult bed wetting.

Treatment:
The only known effective treatment is exposure therapy. The patient must be repeatedly exposed to reality, and should wear a Make America Great Again hat as long as they are able to tolerate it. Each exposure should increase in length, after a week the patient should be encouraged to be seen in public wearing the #MAGA hat. Coach the patient to refer to Donald Trump as President-Elect Trump.

Patients with TARD are very resistant to treatment, and dangerous in large groups. Any possibility of treatment requires that they be separated from their hive-mind support apparatus; they cannot begin the process of accepting reality in the presence of encouragement towards delusion and irrationality. Separation may require the assistance of law enforcement.

If you have a friend or loved one suffering from TARD, urge them to seek treatment. Together we can beat this scourge, and Make America Great Again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here