Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Dale Stephens SIGNS 3.5 Year Deal

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
OK going to get slated for this but here goes.

In recent years even when they were in L1, he has been one of THE top prospects in England on football manager and in terms of people chatting about England U21's etc. I thus watched him a bit more than usual the couple times seen Charlton with my mate (he has spare ST I use occasionally) and he's always looked 7.5/10. Granted never anything amazing but always one of the best 3 players on the pitch including opposition. Not suggesting he'll be some Premiership god but as Championship players go not too many better, he's 24 with experience and I'd liken him most to Southampton's Adam Lallana. In style AND ability over the last say 3 years..........Seriously amazed people haven't heard of him!!!

My mate used to love him, now says he's merely very good with bags of potential but he'd be 'gutted' if they loose him and he comes here. Maybe not lived quite up to his hype but in this league? I'm excited

As references go, that's a good one. Someone phone him and let him know he's got the job.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think there's something quite satisfying about identifying a player that the rest of the world isn't necessarily looking at and watching him develop into something really good. Arguably more so than spanking millions on someone you know is potentially amazing but has the burden of expectation to weigh him down. We paid nothing for Bridcutt & one way or another, he's going to be the most profitable player in the history of the club. That's brilliant. I'd be chuffed to bits if we started to become one of those clubs with a reputation for taking promising but generally unheralded players and turning them into great ones.

Yep, the more I think about this and the more I read of his previous history, the more I think Stephens might be perfect for us. I trust those making these decisions for the club, and I hope this one comes off (obviously won't be holding my breath given previous transfer attempts this month, but fingers crossed).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
OK going to get slated for this but here goes.

In recent years even when they were in L1, he has been one of THE top prospects in England on football manager and in terms of people chatting about England U21's etc. I thus watched him a bit more than usual the couple times seen Charlton with my mate (he has spare ST I use occasionally) and he's always looked 7.5/10. Granted never anything amazing but always one of the best 3 players on the pitch including opposition. Not suggesting he'll be some Premiership god but as Championship players go not too many better, he's 24 with experience and I'd liken him most to Southampton's Adam Lallana. In style AND ability over the last say 3 years..........Seriously amazed people haven't heard of him!!!

My mate used to love him, now says he's merely very good with bags of potential but he'd be 'gutted' if they loose him and he comes here. Maybe not lived quite up to his hype but in this league? I'm excited

good post . Looks positive if we got him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm in, sign him up before Doncaster gazump us

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I think there's something quite satisfying about identifying a player that the rest of the world isn't necessarily looking at and watching him develop into something really good. Arguably more so than spanking millions on someone you know is potentially amazing but has the burden of expectation to weigh him down. We paid nothing for Bridcutt & one way or another, he's going to be the most profitable player in the history of the club. That's brilliant. I'd be chuffed to bits if we started to become one of those clubs with a reputation for taking promising but generally unheralded players and turning them into great ones.

Yep, the more I think about this and the more I read of his previous history, the more I think Stephens might be perfect for us. I trust those making these decisions for the club, and I hope this one comes off (obviously won't be holding my breath given previous transfer attempts this month, but fingers crossed).

Good post. A new south coast breeding ground of young talent to rival Saints.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good post. A new south coast breeding ground of young talent to rival Saints.

I'm not sure if he counts as young talent in the Saints mode, but I'm all for us picking up players that the rest of the world hasn't necessarily noticed yet, and watching them develop with us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
Ah transfer windows, Albion get linked with a player I've never heard of, a couple of youtube videos later I'm convinced it's his destiny to come here and become the our very own Scholes and Zidane rolled into one.

Mind you I remember thinking the same about Ryan Harley :whistle:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I'm not sure if he counts as young talent in the Saints mode, but I'm all for us picking up players that the rest of the world hasn't necessarily noticed yet, and watching them develop with us.

A strong academy base will also convince players who maybe haven't kicked on that extra step in their career we are a club that can help them do so. Either way Saints have generally been a good role model

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Ah transfer windows, Albion get linked with a player I've never heard of, a couple of youtube videos later I'm convinced it's his destiny to come here and become the our very own Scholes and Zidane rolled into one.

Mind you I remember thinking the same about Ryan Harley :whistle:

Haha, same here initial dissapointment caused by the first few posts and then increasing excitement as people find youtube compilations. Football fans are so fickle. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here