UPDATED: Adam El-Abd SIGNS for Bristol City

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I expect to see a replacement, or who knows - maybe a new FIRST CHOICE centre back?

We are not far off needing a new first team centre back pairing with Greer and Upson getting older, especially should we get promoted this season. Can't see either of them being dropped to the bench this season though

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
His actual name, Badias, doesn't sound quite as nice.

15093011_H.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Some weeks ago I was told El Abd had said, 'I don't know what more I can do, I turn up and train like everyone else, I train as hard or harder than everyone else, it just seems my face doesn't fit'. If true, and then combined with being immediately dropped when GG was fit, then a decision to leave would be very understandable.

Must hurt like hell for him though. Good luck Adam!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He's gone! :-( Naylor tweet.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I really feel that if it was time for him to move (and i can understand him wanting to start every game at his age), he could have done far better than Bristol City :wave::cry:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So our backup is Dunk now? He's improving it seems but he doesn't inspire the same sense of reassurance of Adam did.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I really feel that if it was time for him to move (and i can understand him wanting to start every game at his age), he could have done far better than Bristol City :wave::cry:

Great city with a similar feel to his home town, plenty of potential as a club and a big fish in a small pond. What's not to like?

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Miserable to see Adam go. Top bloke. Still, superb acquisition for City - they're in a scrap, and they've got a fighter.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Great city with a similar feel to his home town, plenty of potential as a club and a big fish in a small pond. What's not to like?

Spot on. It's also a good place to bring up a young family. If he can help raise the sleeping giant that is Brizzle City, he'll be a huge hero down there. One thing's for sure - they won't get a better trainer and more wholehearted player. Good luck Bomber.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Great servant to the club, but was not getting games and think Birmingham was the last straw for him. Bit surprised he has ended up at B C as he can definitely play at championship level. Don't know how playing in league one will affect his Egypt chances though. Wish him all the best and he will always get a great reception from the fans if he plays here again in other colours.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Disapointed in one way but more pleased for him in another. He needs is to play football and has earnt the right to be a first choice CB. Bristol looks like a good challenge for him, a relegation battle this year and promotion push next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports