Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Adam El-Abd SIGNS for Bristol City

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I expect to see a replacement, or who knows - maybe a new FIRST CHOICE centre back?

(alternatively, the club see Dunk and Maxi as sufficient back up, and see a chance to free up some wages...)

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I think it's bad news for us and definitely for him. Go from a side pushing for premiership promotion to a side fighting relegation to to the 2nd division ? Crazy.

I like El Abd for all the reasons that others on here seem to, but surely he would know that if we were promoted, his chances of getting any game time would be close to zero? Better to jump ship now on his own terms, than be excluded from the squad after promotion and end up leaving anyway to a possibly less attractive offer? He seems very slow against some opposing forwards, and his defensive strategy these days seems too often to involve "taking one for the team".

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is this Badass any good?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is this Badass any good?

Who cares, he has a cool name!

Seriously though I'm skeptical this will happen, I'm sure he's first choice CB for Maccabi and they're still in the Europa League and he's played in all those Euro games for them.

You'd think they'd want a decent fee to let him go, but who knows :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Seriously though I'm skeptical this will happen, I'm sure he's first choice CB for Maccabi and they're still in the Europa League and he's played in all those Euro games for them.

Sounds very unlikely then, but who knows?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

His actual name, Badias, doesn't sound quite as nice.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
His actual name, Badias, doesn't sound quite as nice.

Near enough to Badass IMHO. Would be nice to have one of those playing at CB! ;-)

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la

Macabi aren't going to win it though and he may fancy a ride in the Os car (straw clutching, 2+2 etc etc).

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What a player AEA has been for us....will be gutted to see him go......Albion Legend.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe you're talking about another player when Adam hasn't even left yet!!!!!

(...bursts into tears.)

You're right. And, TBH, I would prefer Adam to come to his senses and stay with the Albion.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Yes ALA one of my favourite current Albion players not for skill not that he is total without skill as some imply but his grit determination win at all costs attitude is fantastic if he does leave then I wish him all the very best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here