Update: Sad News - Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church has dropped off his perch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think you'd find a psychologist would say ripping someones head off and shitting down their neck is also the actions of a twisted, deluded, manipulating, power crazed freak.

Oh the irony.

OK, a really bad Chinese burn then

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, I'm not. Plenty of people believe everything in the Bible and are not fundamentalists/extremists. Ditto the Koran and all the other religious texts.

I AM saying that a complete belief in a holy book is more understandable to me than the picking and choosing.

Seriously, are you saying WBC don't pick and choose out of the bible? There is no way any one branch of a religion can have complete belief in any holy book because they are almost always full of contradictions and open to multiple interpretations - hence almost all religions have multiple branches of a particular faith. You seem to think that this particular crack pot group have complete belief, but it's only in the bits they choose to focus on. i.e. 'love thy neighbour' 'forgive those that trespass against us' etc. etc. seems to have passed them by completely!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jesus these lot are total mentalists

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Their website is possibly the strangest I have seen for ages. They seem to hate everyone and everything.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Lauren has some TEKKERS on her

Well yes she did, but Fred certainly didn't.........

image.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Presumably they'll be picketing his funeral like they do everyone elses?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Announced that he has died. Let's all take a moment... ok when does the next world's hardest creature contest start? I've seen some hippos scare off a crocodile.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It might be worth noting that he was living proof that the republicans don't have the monopoly on these religious nutters. He stood as the democrat candidate in Kansas in the 80s.

And perhaps also worth mentioning that he did a lot of work as a lawyer fighting for black rights. I think (might be wrong) that he was even commended by one leading black rights group. Anyone now think he might not have been as pure evil as he has been portrayed on here?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It has to be said that Fred Phelps has done a lot to improve the human race....by dying and therefore leaving it.

Although I hold no religious beliefs I am almost inclined to hope that there is a Hell of some kind in his case so that the vile tosser can rot there for the rest of eternity.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It might be worth noting that he was living proof that the republicans don't have the monopoly on these religious nutters. He stood as the democrat candidate in Kansas in the 80s.

And perhaps also worth mentioning that he did a lot of work as a lawyer fighting for black rights. I think (might be wrong) that he was even commended by one leading black rights group. Anyone now think he might not have been as pure evil as he has been portrayed on here?
No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports